Sherlock (UK BBC Series)

Dam them indeed. I didn't know they only made three too just now. Only started watching it the other day, i used iplayer to catch up on the first two episodes. Such a great series, BBC really need to expand it.

they only made 3 because they weren't sure if people would like it...understandable really don't want to waste money on 6 episodes for it to be ****

I LOVED IT. i really did.

I hope they make at least 6 more. Have not seen the 3rd, but first two were a lot of fun.

I agree Lyndon. Episode 2 was quite weak (written by someone other than Moffat and Gattis for what it's worth), but 1 and 3 was really really great.

I hope they can all get together to make more, I imagine it's hard for them all to get their schedules to align so I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't more for a year or longer.

Absolutely loved the mini-series, can't wait for more. It's pretty much a no brainier on commissioning it based on the reception of the series, just a shame that their are split commitments due to Doctor Who. :(

What an awful end to what has been a fantastic series for me. I really didn't like Professor Moriarty. Massive thumbs down to him, the way he was played and in some parts the actor who played him.

Absolutely loved the mini-series, can't wait for more. It's pretty much a no brainier on commissioning it based on the reception of the series, just a shame that their are split commitments due to Doctor Who. :(

finally something to hate Doctor Who for! :shifty:

Great episode and a great series so far, looking forward to it coming back which it will no doubt will.

I'd rather they keep it to 3 episodes or 6 at most purely because you don't to milk it to much....so say 6 episodes a year would be good.

I was just using the same time frame as an example, lol.

We need a Doctor Who episode where he meets Sherlock Holmes ;)

Sounds like a Children in need special waiting to happen. :D

I agree Lyndon. Episode 2 was quite weak (written by someone other than Moffat and Gattis for what it's worth), but 1 and 3 was really really great.

+1

And what a cruel thing to make us wait a year to see how it turns out :angry:

:laugh:

The BBC's modern update of Sherlock Holmes will return following the end of its initial three-episode run, its producers have confirmed.

"There will be more," producer Sue Vertue told the BBC's Breakfast programme. "We're having a meeting to talk about how many and when."

Starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Holmes and Martin Freeman as Watson, Sherlock has been a ratings hit for BBC One.

More than seven million people tuned in to see Sunday's dramatic cliffhanger.

Based on stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the 90-minute specials were written by Mark Gatiss, Stephen Thompson and Steven Moffat.

Moffat - lead writer and executive producer on Doctor Who - said there would "definitely" be more instalments in the future.

"Steven and Mark are very busy - Steven is obviously doing Doctor Who as well - so it's just when we're going to do them," said Vertue.

Moffat, her husband, also confirmed that any future instalments would remain 90 minutes long.

Great show so far. Though living in America, the land of 15-20ep per season/series it is hard getting used to the short seasons of BBC shows.

You just get into them and then they are done until next year. Like Top Gear and Hustle, only 6-7 eps are so short.

I can't wait to see some more of these episodes. They remind me of characters like Patrick Jane from the mentalist, and Sean Spencer from Psych. Though Holmes' powers of observation beat everyone.

I can't wait to see some more of these episodes. They remind me of characters like Patrick Jane from the mentalist, and Sean Spencer from Psych. Though Holmes' powers of observation beat everyone.
I wonder who would win between House vs Holmes? :D

Great show so far. Though living in America, the land of 15-20ep per season/series it is hard getting used to the short seasons of BBC shows.?

Well dramas based on books are normally a short series but long episodes. ?There are tons of dramas like this. ? ?Our series are normally about 5-8 episodes.

tumblr_l6y9tp9P8u1qa3xjko1_500.png

Haha, I had a horrible feeling they were just going to end it at that moment, and then they did.

Though it's not like we don't know they wont come out fine, wouldn't be much of a series if the two main characters and the big bad guy dies in the first few minutes of the next series, lol.

Sherlock, Watson, and Moriarty get thrown into the pool by the explosion through ridiculous movie physics, Moriarity will have disappeared by the time Watson can save Sherlock with CPR. Sherlock is consumed with obession to stop him, and does everything he can to capture him. Next episode is written.

Sherlock, Watson, and Moriarty get thrown into the pool by the explosion through ridiculous movie physics, Moriarity will have disappeared by the time Watson can save Sherlock with CPR. Sherlock is consumed with obession to stop him, and does everything he can to capture him. Next episode is written.

Optimistic, aren't you :p ?

Scirwode

I decided just for a random choice to watch through this on my PS3 iPlayer.... I couldn't beleive how awesome it was, but goddamn it being only a 3 part series sucks big time.

I want more :yes: The stories were fun and the characters great, The actor's really pulled the roles off i think :)

Was Moriarty the IT guy, and the inspector from episode 2?

yeah he was the IT guy in the 3rd episode but can't remember the 2nd episode that well.