Sherlock (UK BBC Series)

Liked it, though seems the best episodes of Sherlock have been the first episode in both seasons.

A lot of people would agree with you there - coincidently, those are the two episodes Moffat wrote :p I personally liked them both as I thought they were the most intelligent - they showed off Sherlock's thought process and deductive reasoning skills the best, and kept twisting and turning to keep the story flowing.

On the subject of that death, I suppose Sherlock could have hidden his own pulse. He was seen playing with the squash ball in the lab and staring at it... and a squashball in your armpit can stop the pulse in your arm, which would fit in with why Watson didn't notice a pulse (assuming this was Sherlock's body and not someone elses).

Why do Moffat's shows always have the main guy die but fake it out? (see: The Wedding of River Song).

I think Sherlock did jump from the building, fall into the trash bags and then with Watson was hit by the bike thats when he switched the bodies...

Done and Done.

WTF about Moriarty though??

Why do Moffat's shows always have the main guy die but fake it out? (see: The Wedding of River Song).

I think Sherlock did jump from the building, fall into the trash bags and then with Watson was hit by the bike thats when he switched the bodies...

Done and Done.

WTF about Moriarty though??

Because, that's how Sir Arthur Conan Doyle decided it would be when he wrote the original stories over 100 years ago - where he had apparently fallen and died, and then turned out he had "faked his death" :p. They're not writing their own completely new stories here, they're just adapting the existing Holmes stories for the modern day. Also, Moffat didn't write this episode's adaptation anyway.

Moriarty died in the original story so I'd assume he's entirely gone now too.

Indeed in the books Sherlock kills Moriarty to stop him causing more havoc and dies in the process. But due to public pressue and lack of funds he was resurected Sherlock in a further book and went pn tp describe how he faked his death. Although Moriarty was never actually desribed as Sherlock's nemisis, he was only in 2 books and even then I think only briefly mentioned.

Still Sherlock is one of the best TV series I've seen in awhile. Hate having to wait so long for the next episode though.

AStaley.

The ending was a bit off...clearly he was going to survive but a) he 'rolled' off the roof's edge, no way would he have gotten to the road/truck distance from the building. Not could he have climbed out of the cage and repositioned onto the floor so quickly as for Watson to find him and, more importantly, Dr W took only seconds to get to the body, yet others arrived at it much sooner so must have seen him fall/climb out etc. Didn't really feel they pulled it off well enough. I do love the Moriaty character, very well cast and played.

I assume Molly had something to do with it, though I'm not entirely sure what. I hope we find out in season 3 :)

I think he jumped in the truck like many say, but with the chicks help he took a drug to FAKE death. There are those that make you seem dead etc, it's been used often enough in other shows/movies. John getting knocked down hard was a setup, Sherlock told John not to move so he probably expected him to get knocked down hard and since he was dazed like that he could be 100% sure other than not finding a pulse on the body.

I'm sure season 3 will explain it, they'd have to.

• 2 weeks later...

This show is brilliant. I just saw the first episode and I can't wait to see more. My brother recommended it to me and at first, I didn't think I'd enjoy watching a BBC series. The last BBC series I saw was Doctor Who and I didn't particularly enjoy it that much.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to watching this the other day, I thought episode 1 and 3 were great but the second episode was a bit crap.

If you mean the first season then yes ;)

Finally got round to watching this the other day, I thought episode 1 and 3 were great but the second episode was a bit crap.

Are you referring to the second episode of season one (titled "The Blind Banker")? I thought that was the worst episode of the entire series. For the most part, it was enjoyable but it was no where near as good as the other episodes. I liked the ending though.

The actor that plays

Moriarty

is brilliant.

If you mean the first season then yes ;)

Are you referring to the second episode of season one (titled "The Blind Banker")? I thought that was the worst episode of the entire series. For the most part, it was enjoyable but it was no where near as good as the other episodes. I liked the ending though.

The actor that plays

Moriarty

is brilliant.

No i'm refering to Sherlock S2E02 The Hounds Of Baskerville it was weak.

• 6 months later...
And here's what we've been waiting for - the three words that describe the episodes of Sherlock series three - Rat, Wedding, Bow. That's RAT. WEDDING. BOW. What does it mean?! Get Googling!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s129/sherlock/news/a401708/sherlock-series-three-teasers-revealed-by-steven-moffat-mark-gatiss.html