Shine 2.0 (new theme in the making)

will be done :)

right now the only problem seems if i use wallpapers with stuff like grass leaves or other thing..

other then plain colors..

its a little hard to tell the unselected windows..

i mayb leave it like this because i dont want to make them more bold

but mayb i add something so u can tell it apart..

to fix the problem on wallpapers with alot of different tones and edges..

i have added a little gradient which makes all the buttons look more frosty..

just tad more frosty..

and becoz of that they are alot more easier to see.. :)

here is a screenshot of how they will look now.

post-285248-12694809755967.jpg

Zain Bhai, really nice piece of work. Carry on but the color orange in the second look too good (as per my taste) if you can make it little bit lighter...

well ive tried bottom.. and ur rite..

its more visible.

but remember i try my theme on every wallpaper from black to white and use it alot to see if it is hurting the usability..

and the new buttons i did are just fine :)

anyhow..

im working on a new startmenu

here is a mockup.. leme know if u have any suggestions for it :)

post-285248-12695366021986.jpg

tell me about the startmenu buttons.. i really want to go for this gradient.. for every button..

its just like the superbar gradient.. but more bright. and yes any suggests always welcome..

ill impliment all the nice ideas u can give :)

i want to make this theme my best one yes.. most perfected. And inshAllah it will work on both 64bit and 32bit.. and just to test that i will release a beta.

How does the startmenu look when there is an application behind it. I was wondering if it's difficult to read with the 'noise' of an application like a web browser behind it.

heres a screenshot..

btw i want to ask something

if i remove the display picture from the startmenu u cant see any animations of the my computer icon and all

should i remove it?

or do u want that?

post-285248-12695389222522.jpg

oh and just to add..

i am on a CRT.. ill be getting LCD before releasing this theme.. so the theme will be optimized for a 1000:1 contrast LCD.. :)

if u find things too dark or too bright.. its probably my monitor.. so once i get an LCD ill fix it all up :)

WHERE CAN I DONATE TO YOU!? You definitely need a better monitor especially a higher end panel then just your ole LCD because your work is very nice.

Ill be using this ASAP.

thank u so much for ur kind words Sikh :)

well ill be getting it soon dont worry :)

it will be before i get to complete this.. so ill tweak everything accordingly in no time :)

btw the tough work is the alpha channel pngs..

the rest is easy.

Absolutely beautiful.

It's got a fantastic clean feel to it.

If there's a perfect theme that suits me, it'd be that.

I'm with Sikh, I'll gladly donate.

Excellent work Zain.

thank u so much everyone :)

i just wana say that if anybody has any idea for the startmenu or window borders or even the superbar do let me know here :)

Wow Zain! You've done it again! I'm so excited for this... wow... well let's see, ideas... hmm... I'd keep the display picture up there. The start menu button should be changed too! Maybe a different shape then square or an orb, with frost in it... I dunno, I'll work on a mock up for you. :) As for the rest, do what you do best and try different designs/gradients :)

hey.. a reply from a friend :)

well

ive got work for u ppl..

can u check this theme.. its an alpha version :p

just new superbar and buttons.. on the superbar.

i want u to see if there is any error on x64 system.. that error my themes used to give.

heres the file Win7 Shine 2.0 Beta test

Downloading now Zain. :)

UPDATE: Okay, using it now... looks good. I'm not sure what you could do with the start menu, but, it feels like something more should be done. The rest of theme (minus the superbar) just feels like your other themes. Which I'm pretty sure is what you wanted. It's not bad at all, I like it and will continue using this one. I'll keep searching for bugs, ideas, etc Zain.

becoz i havent added the theme to the msstyles yet. :) just the superbar and buttons yet ;) ull have to wait for the rest of it..

here i made some newicons to match my button glow and sized them small now u can see more of the glow..

post-285248-12695616561079.jpg