March Madness!

With Kansas upset LAST week by UNI, now another #1 seed Syracuse looks like will be upset SOON by Butler (a higher #5 seed)

Update: Its over, now Syracuse and Kansas are out

Kentucky, and Duke plays later

Here are the #1-#5 seed action!

#1 Seed

Kansas and Syracuse - Out

Kentucky Vs #12 Cornell - Next

Duke Vs #4 Purdue - Tomorrow night 9:57pm

#2 Seed

Villanova - Out

West Virginia Beat #11 Washington

Kansas St vs #6 Xavier - Next

Ohio St Vs #6 Tennessee Tomorrow 7:07pm

#3 Seed

Georgetown, Pittsburgh, New Mexico - Out

Baylor Vs #10 St Marys Tomorrow 7:27pm

#4 Seed

Maryland, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin - Out

Duke Vs #4 Purdue - Tomorrow night 9:57pm

#5 Seed

Temple, Texas A&M - Out

Butler Upset #1 Syracuse

Michigan St Vs #9 University of Northern Iowa (UNI the team that upset Kansas) Tomorrow 9:37pm

UPDATE

Here are the #1-#5 seed action! And Elite 8 Matchups... already decided.

#1 Seed

Kansas and Syracuse - Out

Kentucky Beat #12 Cornell

Duke Vs #4 Purdue - Tonight 9:57pm

#2 Seed

Villanova - Out

West Virginia Beat #11 Washington

Kansas St Beat #6 Xavier

Ohio St Vs #6 Tennessee Tonight 7:07pm

#3 Seed

Georgetown, Pittsburgh, New Mexico - Out

Baylor Vs #10 St Marys Tonight 7:27pm

#4 Seed

Maryland, Vanderbilt, Wisconsin - Out

Duke Vs #4 Purdue - Tonight 9:57pm

#5 Seed

Temple, Texas A&M - Out

Butler Upset #1 Syracuse

Michigan St Vs #9 University of Northern Iowa (UNI the team that upset Kansas) Tonight 9:37pm

Set Elite 8 Action

#2 Kansas St Vs #5 Butler Tomorrow Afternoon 4:30pm

#1 Kentucky Vs #2 West VA Tomorrow night 7:00 pm

One thing that has bothered me for a while now, about all the upsets....are they really upsets? I'm wondering if some of the higher ranked teams have just been over ranked. It seems that if you are from a certain conference then you are almost seen as a super team.

One thing that has bothered me for a while now, about all the upsets....are they really upsets? I'm wondering if some of the higher ranked teams have just been over ranked. It seems that if you are from a certain conference then you are almost seen as a super team.

yes, the big east proved to be pretty over-rated. The problem I think(just like with college football) is they rank teams way too early. I like rankings, but they need to hold off a month or so to let things shake out. The reason the big east ended up being over rated is because at the start of the season they rank so many of their teams, and then it just ends up being a 15th ranked team playing a 18th ranked team all season long, and then people dont really count the loss the same since it was against a ranked team. So they basically just end up playing ranked teams all year, and stay high in the rankings because of it. Georgetown and Villinova were NOT good teams at all, and should have never been ranked as high as they were. Teams like Cornell, UNI, St. Mary's were all good teams the entire year, but never do anything when it comes to rankings since they start so far back.

with that being said, if WVU beats Duke I win my bracket at work.