UFC 113

UFC_113_poster.jpg

UFC 113: Machida vs. Shogun 2 is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on May 8, 2010 at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Main Card

* Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Lyoto Machida © vs. Mauricio Rua

* Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Paul Daley

* Lightweight bout: Sam Stout vs. Jeremy Stephens

* Heavyweight bout: Kimbo Slice vs. Matt Mitrione

* Middleweight bout: Patrick C?t? vs. Alan Belcher

Preliminary Card

* Middleweight bout: Tom Lawlor vs. Tim Credeur

* Welterweight bout: Marcus Davis vs. Jonathan Goulet

* Welterweight bout: Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Mike Guymon

* Heavyweight bout: Joey Beltran vs. Chad Corvin

* Welterweight bout: TJ Grant vs. Johny Hendricks

* Middleweight bout: Nick Catone vs. John Salter

• 3 weeks later...

i really like machita.. especially after he beat rashad. But after his first fight with shogun... i was hoping it was just new champ jitters. it seemed like he played defense a lot in that fight, but in all his other fights he didnt. I am really hoping that this one goes much better then the last.

Also, i hope matt "meathead" mitrione gets knocked the F out.

Shogun may take this. He was damn close in the last.

Close?

Did you even see the match? He did what Edgar did to Penn. Didn't destroy him but was far superior in almost every round. But in the end, unanimous decision for Machida.

Unless Machida starts getting agressive, Shogun is going to steamroll him.

Close?

Did you even see the match? He did what Edgar did to Penn. Didn't destroy him but was far superior in almost every round. But in the end, unanimous decision for Machida.

I have to totally agree with you there. I am a big fan of Machida, his fighting karate style is pretty awesome but he clearly lost that fight against Rua. Hopefully this time around he can prove that he can beat Shogun.

I still haven't seen the Edgar vs Penn fight, but i was 100% sure that Penn was going to mop the floor with Edgar. What a surprise did i get when i read that Penn had lost, i was disappointed just to read that he lost, i can't wait to catch the fight on cable.

Close?

I saw the match, Shogun was robbed. I said 'close' as in Shogun could have beaten Machida, if it wasn't for the judges.

Seeing how the last one went, Machida will up his game as well for this one and the match may end just how it did last time with Machida getting the unanimous decision even though Shogun was only marginally better.

its seems like machida is a "GOOD" champ. What i mean by that, is that the voting in his fight against shogun seemed to be swayed by how easy it is to like him and want to see him on top. im sure that the judging is supposed to be fair and all, but that fight could have easily gone either way.

Close?

I felt the same way, at first. But as I and many others have said, watch the fight again on mute, and you might see a different outcome. I love Rogan but he was very vocal about everything shogun did, and not so much with machida. But if you watch it on mute, for everything machida threw (kick/punch) machida responded.

I didn't feel like Shogun got robbed but I understand why people picked him as the winner the same way I didn't think Penn got robbed but understand why people say he won that fight.

I think the LHW division is the most stacked division and regardless of Shogun winning or losing their rematch we are going to see the belt switch hands a number of times this up coming year. I am so glad that Shogun is finally showing some of his earlier brilliance in pride. I honestly thought his loss to Griffin was a sign that Pride was just inferior but hanging in their with Machida like he did made me forget all of that. I can't wait till Jackson gets back in there and hopefully we will see Anderson Silva move up so he can get some competition.

I can't wait till Jackson gets back in there and hopefully we will see Anderson Silva move up so he can get some competition.

Hey, I'm still waiting for Rampage v Evans. Now that's going to be good.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Evans is going to be afraid to stand and bang with Rampage. We know that Rampage is the better boxer, but we also know he sucks at checking leg kicks. If Rashad goes in and chips away at the legs, Rashad will take it... otherwise expect Quinton to knock Rashad out.

• 2 weeks later...

hopefully that's the last we see of Kimbo... just pathetic, anyone should be able to pick him apart with leg kicks

wow, kos has a future in soccer or pro wrestling, wtf dude?

Aside from the last fight, one of the worst UFC events I've ever seen.

Glad I didn't pay to watch it then. I actually totally forgot it was on tonight.

I don't agree at all, this was way better than anything else from UFC lately.

The following matches were all very good and definitely worth seeing:

Shogun/Machida (epic!)

Stephens/Stout (good slug fest)

Belcher/Cote (Belcher is awesome)

Doerksen/Lawlor (upset + Lawlor!)

Davis/Goulet (nice finish and a needed win)

Only the Koscheck fight was a thumbs down for me. Meathead looked good and the fight was pretty funny even though Kimbo never had a chance.

Press conference confirmed, both Kimbo and Daley are done in UFC

did anyone see daley hit that bitch after the fight? (**** you koschek... habs are beating pittsburgh and our boy is going to own you again after the next season of ultimate fighter). i turned away and missed it.

I thought the PPV overall was alright, canadian boys didn't fair too well :( I really thought machida was going to win, how do you screw with a guy who drinks his own urine? Props to belcher though, that was impressive. I though cote had that one for sure. Stout/Stevens fight was pretty good too.

Daley gone - I can understand that. Maybe a suspension would have sufficed, however, it is understandable, that there is no place for that kind of behaviour in the sport.

Koscheck - The trouble is, he would have probably got in to some trouble is Daley hadn't acted like a fool. Sure, fire Daley for what he did, but I don't agree with the play acting by Koscheck. Again, no place for it in the sport. The guy is a fool and I can't wait to see GSP kick the crap outta him!

Shogun - Got what he deserved! Brilliant performance and after his last 3 fights, a very deserving champion. So, how's about a Forrest Griffin rematch? :p

The rumors about Shogun's injury were incorrect, but he was not 100% for his fight against Lyoto Machida. Shogun came down with Apendicitis a few months before the fight, and had to undergo major surgery. The procedure was kept under wraps, but Shogun confirmed it on MMA Live.

According to UFC sources, the UFC was prepared for the worst case scenario. It was rumored earlier this week that the company had Randy Couture ready to step in to fight Lyoto Machida incase Shogun could not fight.

:o