Download speeds

some guys are total geeks.....how does talking about download speed suddenly brings up PENIS size??? I dont get it:) So what when someone say they have a 21" monitor that means they have a bigger testicle?? HAHA......sorry I know its bad to laugh at ones own LAME joke:)

NorthEastern Wisconsin RoadRunner(new.rr.com)

Fastest Download: 3.9Mbit Downstream(P2P)

Fastest Upload: 44KBps Upstream(IRC DCC)

Average Download: 2.4Mbit Downstream(P2P)

Average Upload: 39KBps Upstream(IRC DCC)

Here is a truly great test, lockergnome loves it anyway, it's pretty true too www.numion.com it shows your surfing speed, and it's by country too so it's handy.

I'm on cable right now with a measly 7gbs up+down quota and it's SUPPOSED to be 2mb down and 640k up but it's usually 1mb at best, and then in games I always get ping spikes of like 300 on alot of servers, I've only ever gotten under 60ms on servers that are like in my province and even then my buddy on Road Runner that lives 5 hours away but yet an equal distance from the server gets BETTER ping *sigh*,so I'm switching to ADSL from Sympatico. The ADSL is supposed to be 1.5mbit/down and 512kup with no quotas so thats music too my ears.

Also I've had one helluva horror story with my current cable ISP SUPERWEB they only have tech suppot from 8am-10pm and then they are VERY understaffed so then you have to leave a message for them to 'get back' to you and they NEVER do :angry: :angry: :angry: and when your 'lucky' enough to talk to one of them then when you do get the call you get some jerk-off moron that will condesend you and tell you that the lights on your modem are off because of your network setting while you've already phoned your friends that have this sh*ty service in the same town and they can't get online either! GAH! I mean you phone them to tell them their service is down and they try to say it's your problem :angry: :angry: :angry: . Thats only one of the MANY nightmares I've had with these retarded SOBs. Another time everyone in the area had fast download speeds but slow as a snail surf speeds which also gave lousey pings and so *sigh* it was hard to get them to realize it was their problem, hell they wanted us to get new NICs because they blamed it on them! ugh.

At least with smypatico I know it'll be at least half way good, they are friendly and cordial and 24/7 tech support. Also my cousin in this province has it and loves it so does my sister in NB, so it's looking like a wise choice.

I know this post is a rant thats really off topic, but I just want to warn anyone that has SUPERWEB available to them to NEVER TOUCH IT WITH A 10 FOOT POLE!!!!

So soon I'll have my Sympatico and I hope it'll be good, if not i've got 12 months of udder crap till I change back to other crap.

Home = 1024/256 - download at about 120k/sec on a normal day.

Work = 10mbit/10mbit - download at about 1MB/sec on a normal day.. got a 3.5GB DVD image in 58 mins once :)

At my uni they have 10GB/sec. Yes you read right thats 10 gigabytes every ****ing second! Admitedly its shared between a whole department but still its amazing. I have got 7MB/sec before now. They are getting it upgraded too! I think its going to 25GB/sec.

At my uni they have 10GB/sec. Yes you read right thats 10 gigabytes every ****ing second! Admitedly its shared between a whole department but still its amazing. I have got 7MB/sec before now. They are getting it upgraded too! I think its going to 25GB/sec.

holy p0o on a stick :o

Comcast High-Speed Cable Internet :

1.8 Mbps download / 256 Kbps upload

Fastest download: 324 KB/sec

Fastest upload: 40 KB/sec

Average download: 220 KB/sec

Average upload: 30 KB/sec

Time taken to download 15 MB file: 1 minute & 8 seconds

:D

i have the whole internet cached on my HDD LOL :p :rolleyes: just kidding

2MB

300 down / 150 up

fastest down was 437kb/s

with good ole Comcast

Connection: ADSL

768/128k (verizon)

But they were suppose to upgrade me to 1.5mb but they didn't yet, them ******s!

P.S: It's not what you have, it's how you use it! :whistle: ;)

Don't you dare complain, I only have 190k/64 down/up.......in Turkey.

I get like 25kbps MAX

I hate listening to people talk about how they "ONLY" download like half a mb/s....FFS I'm in Turkey and the cable prices are outrageous, all I can afffffffooord is 190/64 and it's $40 a month.

I hate listening to people talk about how they "ONLY" download like half a mb/s....FFS I'm in Turkey and the cable prices are outrageous, all I can afffffffooord is 190/64 and it's $40 a month.

wooooo another turk!!!

hey, i was in turkey earlier this summer and MAN, its slow as a constipated seamonkey in heat. the GPRS internet (mobile connected to computer) was faster than any internet cafe i was at. im glad im back in the states with my 500 down, 250 up ;)