StickyNotes for Windows - Beta 9.3

If you want a suggestion, how about adding a way to lock notes to prevent accidental editing? I used a sticky notes gadget a while ago, and sometimes it would gain focus without me noticing and I would accidentally type into it. Something simple like double clicking to edit it, and locking the note if it loses focus.

And if you have a website for your program, I could add it to the freeware list for you.

If you want a suggestion, how about adding a way to lock notes to prevent accidental editing? I used a sticky notes gadget a while ago, and sometimes it would gain focus without me noticing and I would accidentally type into it. Something simple like double clicking to edit it, and locking the note if it loses focus.

And if you have a website for your program, I could add it to the freeware list for you.

Sadly - I don't have a website for Notes just yet - I pretty much use this thread for the news and product releases.

-----

I'll add a lock feature - i'll try and get it done today :)

-----

In other news, Beta 2 of StickyNotes is out!

Download!

This has a few UI bugs, but increases the performance, removes the more colours option, adds a Last Modified option and cleans up the Remind me feature.

One little UI quirk: If you go to set a custom color, but hit cancel it sets it to black.

Fixed - thanks for reporting :)

updated; I really want this to save so after I restart my PC I can just let this load up and keep what I have in my stickies already.

Will hopefully have that in a future update.

Avast says this is unsafe...

It's totally safe - trust me.

Avast says this is unsafe...

Avast 6 added a new auto-sandbox feature for unknown programs. Is that all it was? Because my Avast isn't reporting a virus otherwise.

Beta 3: Download Beta 3!

Beta 3 includes:

Bug fixes

Lock feature

New Status bar UI

Beta 4 will include:

Bug fixes (If any are reported)

Any wanted features.

Colour fix for the status bar (As it uses the selected Sticky colour for the border), it currently stays on the Blue and it does not change.

Any feedback?

all i can say is this is coming along GREAT, i can't wait to see the finished product

you've done a great job with this app :)

all i can say is this is coming along GREAT, i can't wait to see the finished product

you've done a great job with this app :)

Thanks - can't wait till Notes is finished then StickyNotes will have jumplists and a Taskbar Hover button :)

It's working fine here so far. This time, I wrote down some random notes while testing it:

• Double click to edit locked notes
  • Custom taskbar thumbnail shows snippet of text instead of window thumbnail (Perhaps for future version)
  • Hide vertical scrollbar when its not needed
  • Pressing Enter to save title, instead of clicking button.
  • Title is slightly difficult to read on yellow background.

• Hide vertical scrollbar when its not needed
  • Pressing Enter to save title, instead of clicking button.

i second these two things, they're small but they'll make a big difference

I'm flattered. :)

I just gave Sticknotes a test-run and I think it's an excellent app so far! I can definitely see myself using this a lot. :)

Here's a couple of things I think will make the app even better.

• Minimize to Tray, rather than TaskBar (Keeps it out of the way, kind a peeve of mine :p)
  • Keep on Desktop Level (Similar to show on top, but prevents show desktop from hiding it)

I love it so far and I can't wait for some of the other features you have in the works (skins especially :D).

Hopefully I'm going to get a few designers creating skins for StickyNotes, especially people that have created a theme for Windows (Such as Zain), but skinning StickyNotes is so easy anybody could do it. I sure look forward to seeing people's skins (Especially you BoneyardBrew!)

StickyNotes Beta 4 is out: Download

Bug fixes.

Minimize to tray.

Press enter to save title text.

New Yellow.

Custom taskbar hover preview (Does not seem to work at the moment - will be in Beta 5)

Colour fix for the status bar.

Beta 5 will have:

Bug fixes (If reported).

Custom taskbar hover preview.

Some form of double click to edit a locked StickyNote (It is hard to implement - even though it seems to be the easiest thing ever)

Stay on desktop.

Text styles (Bold, Italic, Underline and strikeout)

There will be no StickyNotes Beta 6 as Notes is ready to go in to Beta! So after Beta 5 is released, expect a Notes Beta 1 to follow shortly.