[Official] Neowin Runners Unite!

63812417_f9347429d0.jpg?v=0marathon.jpg

I thought it would be a cool thing to see fellow Neowin members share their experiences as competitive or even casual runners for the exhilaration and fitness benefits. Feel free to share the up's, down's and everything in between.

My story:

I'm running another half marathon this weekend in NYC.

Running gear: Nike technical tshirt and running shorts and the Nike Vomero's.

Ah cool :)

I love running, and it's an essential part of my physical training. At the moment I'm currently 1.5 miles (2.3km) in 8m54s. The fastest I've done it in 8m24s a little over a year ago!

I'm more of a sprinter, but can do Long Distance to. The September past I ran Para's 10, a 10 mile endurance run which I did in 1h23m (or around that!) More information on it can be found here: http://www.paras10.com/

Running Gear: Nike ?? Trainers, any pair of shorts and an old / squadron t-shirt.

^ Those are some good times. I remember coming across a Neowin member with phenomenal running times posted in his signature. His name slips my memory but the times were just amazing.

Great idea for a thread this.

I have been running recreationally for almost two years now. I just went outside one day and tried it, as an addition to going the gym.

The buzz after running is amazing, and the urge to better yourself in terms of times, and also the fact you are running outside with nature is something which means I will never get bored.

I completed the Liverpool Half Marathon just short of two weeks ago, it was my first half marathon and I completed it in 1 hour 50 minutes and 11 seconds. Considering I had been unable to train for two weeks prior to the marathon due to rolling my ankle, I was quite pleased.

Lets keep this thread going!

My story:

Nothing special - I started to grow a belly, my girl started to make fun of me, the usual stuff haha. We have a huge park about 100 meters south from our flat so two weeks ago I decided to start running. I'm running for 14 days now and I feel outstanding, I also managed to almost quit smoking because of jogging.

Running gear:

Well, I had no sports gear till then so I bought myself two Alex Athletics t-shirts, a Kappa running suit (it was still a bit cold in Berlin) and the Adidas Barricade V Tennis shoes (more comfortable than the ones for running).

I run for fitness 2-3 times a week.. never ran a marathon though I love running and also love walking and trekking/hiking.. I walk for 6+ hours every other weekend..

• 4 weeks later...