Hopkins gets revenge on Jones after 17 years!

box_a_hopkins11_576.jpg

17 years after their first fight, ring legend Bernard Hopkins (51-5-1, 32 KOs) evened the score against 41-year-old fellow legend Roy Jones Jr. (54-7, 40 KOs) winning a foul-filled twelve round unanimous decision on Saturday night in a light heavyweight bout at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The first five rounds were measured, tactical and sometimes dirty, but things really heated up in round six after Hopkins went down from a seemingly light rabbit punch, then furiously went after Jones, continuing to fight even after the bell and the fighters had to be restrained by security. After a Hopkins rabbit punch in round eight, Jones responded with a rabbit punch that sent Hopkins to the canvas again. Hopkins went down for a third time from a borderline low blow in round ten. Action stopped in the eleventh so the ring doctor could look at a cut Jones sustained from a headbutt, ruled unintentional. A slow twelfth round brought boos from the crowd. In the end, Hopkins prevailed 117-110, 117-110, 118-109.

Source

am I the only person that thinks this fight shouldn't of happened after what happened to Jones in his last fight.

What??? This was the fight my friend was asking me about when he sent me a text the other day saying "Is Roy Jones fighting soon?" and I never looked it up!!! Damn it, two of my favorites of all times. Oh well, glad B Hop one.