Linksys Wireless Router WRT54G

Hello,

I wanna access my router but the problem is that I am getting this weird problem in the past 2 days and I've no idea what it is, any ideas? Suggestions how to solve it? It's getting on my nerves and I'm getting to lose temper. lol ... Nothing happens even after 30 minutes. First I got it was 3 days ago and I thought to check flash player but everything was installed properly.

I've set up Wireless MAC filter too but that shouldn't be a problem, should it? Anyway, suggestions are welcomed and thanks for helping. :)

reboot the router or try firefox.

If you look closer you'll see that I am using FF. :D And I've rebooted couple of times before posting. :(

Does the samething happen with IE?

Same happens in IE.

Router updated with latest firmware? I'd say try flashing it again (or using DD-WRT) and see if that pops up again.

Router updated with latest firmware? I'd say try flashing it again (or using DD-WRT) and see if that pops up again.

I had the latest firmware but It works now. I've got trough the Wizard and it works now, and I really hope it doesn't show me this again tomorrow. Anyway Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I had the latest firmware but It works now. I've got trough the Wizard and it works now, and I really hope it doesn't show me this again tomorrow. Anyway Thanks! :)

I have the latest frimware but it's not working now. It's so annoying, after I reset it I can access it for one/two days and after that I can't. :/ ... Any other suggestions people?

Sorry for digging up an old thread, I just wanted to write in the main thread. ;)

When I have had this problem in the past, it was because I had too many open ports and my torrent program was slowing down the router by using too much memory.

Try nuking out all your settings..

It could be something is wearing out inside too. I finally opted for a router with more memory, as I do so many things with it.

When I have had this problem in the past, it was because I had too many open ports and my torrent program was slowing down the router by using too much memory.

Try nuking out all your settings..

It could be something is wearing out inside too. I finally opted for a router with more memory, as I do so many things with it.

I just have two ports open and I need to open the third one after I get access to log into it. :( .. It's really annoying to reset it everytimg you wanna do some changes. doh! Other suggestions please.

I would highly suggest flashing the router with the dd-wrt firmware (hopefully the model you have is the right revision, i believe there is one that doesnt support it). I had huge problems with my WRT54G, especially with torrents and this fixed all of my problems PLUS added additional functionality. It really puts some life back into that router.

Just a thought...

Just throw "dd-wrt" into a search engine.

I would highly suggest flashing the router with the dd-wrt firmware (hopefully the model you have is the right revision, i believe there is one that doesnt support it). I had huge problems with my WRT54G, especially with torrents and this fixed all of my problems PLUS added additional functionality. It really puts some life back into that router.

Just a thought...

Just throw "dd-wrt" into a search engine.

That or Tomato firmware if his router is the proper version. From what I have read, Tomato is better than DD-WRT, especially in the quality of the QOS.....but I have never tried DD-WRT, and so far love everything about Tomato vs the basic firmware.

That or Tomato firmware if his router is the proper version. From what I have read, Tomato is better than DD-WRT, especially in the quality of the QOS.....but I have never tried DD-WRT, and so far love everything about Tomato vs the basic firmware.

Tomato and QoS is awesome

my old 54 with Tomato and my rather awesome QoS setup allowed me to play games online, talk on VoIP and surf the web, all at full speed without lag, lost packets or other latency issues., All while downloading turrets at max line capacity from multiple computers.

In fact my new wrt610n with far superior hardware in every way, running dd-wrt with a similar QoS setup(as close as you can get with the ****ty dd-wrt qos) isn't capable of matching this performance of my old 54. Too bad the tomato guy won't support higher end linksys hardware.

Anyway, unless you set your wrt54g to reboot every/every other night, you will still experience this problem of only getting a white page when you try to access the web admin. I believe it's because it's running out of memory or soemthing from the logs or something. disabling unusued features is supposed to help it. personally though, after I initially set it up, I hardly ever used the web admin anyway so.

Tomato and QoS is awesome

my old 54 with Tomato and my rather awesome QoS setup allowed me to play games online, talk on VoIP and surf the web, all at full speed without lag, lost packets or other latency issues., All while downloading turrets at max line capacity from multiple computers.

In fact my new wrt610n with far superior hardware in every way, running dd-wrt with a similar QoS setup(as close as you can get with the ****ty dd-wrt qos) isn't capable of matching this performance of my old 54. Too bad the tomato guy won't support higher end linksys hardware.

Agreed, I do similar things on my 54gl that I could never do on my wrt-160N (which admittedly is only hardly superior hardware-wise than the 54gl).

Anyway, unless you set your wrt54g to reboot every/every other night, you will still experience this problem of only getting a white page when you try to access the web admin. I believe it's because it's running out of memory or soemthing from the logs or something. disabling unusued features is supposed to help it. personally though, after I initially set it up, I hardly ever used the web admin anyway so.

Are you talking about the 54g with standard firmware, or Tomato firmware? Maybe the 54GL (designed specifically to support third-party Linux-based firmware) is slightly different than the 54G basic model.....but I have not restarted mine for over a month and I can access the webUI without an issue. Again, you might be talking about the standard firmware though, as I have been running Tomato firmware on mine since I got it.....

General Rule: If you want simplicity, go with Tomato. If you want more advanced options and diverse hardware support, go with DD-WRT.

However, this shouldn't stop anyone from trying out different firmwares.

Either tomato or DD-WRT is far superior to the default firmware. I would recommend tomato over DD-WRT because it has more than enough features for most and has a much nicer ui. but tomato is only compatible with v1-4 of your router so make sure its compatible if you think of giving it a try.

I am running tomato on a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 and love it :)

My firmware doesn't support DD-WRT but I don't know if it's supportable by Tomato. I'll have to look into that before flashing. What exactly does those two do? I mean what are the new features?