UFC

Hey there,

I'm totally new to this, just watched a game at a friend's house the other day and enjoyed it. So I wanna start following UFC, but want a little background first. Is there anything to read/watch that would bring me up to date ? Like classic past games, major players in the past and the present, players with a unique style, etc ... a DVD or something that I could buy and quickly catch-up would be great :)

PS : I also wanted to know, is this 100% real ? Like no staging, no money involved whatsoever ?

The UFC isn't really the kind of thing you can be updated on, also it's all legit. I believe their was a DVD with the top 100 fights on it.

UFC is just 1 promoter of Mixed Martial Arts theres also Strikeforce, Dream and a few others but the UFC is the main one now before the main one was Pride before the UFC bought them out.

The UFC isn't really the kind of thing you can be updated on, also it's all legit. I believe their was a DVD with the top 100 fights on it.

UFC is just 1 promoter of Mixed Martial Arts theres also Strikeforce, Dream and a few others but the UFC is the main one now before the main one was Pride before the UFC bought them out.

Yeah I have bought that one, but it's more targeted at people that already know what's going on and just want to have a fancy archive. My "problem" is that when I sit now to watch a game and everybody is going "Oh my god ! This is the game of the century, I HAVE to watch this :woot: " i'm like "Huh ? Why ? :huh: ". It would be great if there was a place with big games and their context, major players with their style and eveything, etc ... :/

You can start by watching the original Machida vs Shogun, getting mad and watching the rematch next Saturday. There isn't a storyline like in wrestling so there isn't really a need to keep up, just watch the most recent PPVs.

Watch the best of 2008 and 2009 bluray/dvd... you will instantly be a fan, and it will catch you up on alot of good fights in the last 2 years.

Yeah, just start watching the evens that are monthly/bi monthly and pick fighters that you like. That's how I did it, I still don't know very much about it but I know enough to understand what's going on. Also like with anything the more you watch the more you'll understand.

Also if you decide to watch pay per views online don't use the stupid ufc smooth stream one, go with Yahoo Sports, it's much better. :angry:

MMA is real (UFC included). I fought one fight, and got a nasty concussion. I have pics if you want to see my banged up face. :D

Too bad my fight was not for the UFC, and did not receive thousands of dollars. Or uh...any, for that matter. :(

I'd also keep an eye on UFC's sister promotion, WEC. Especially lately the fights there have been lightyears better than what UFC has managed to scrape together.