Howdy y'all

Hiya everyone, call me Ishmael--I mean ammali. I've lurked here on and off for a lonnngg time, but had been gone for a while. A few days ago, a particularly attractive gentleman from work (; sent a couple of links and got me reading it again. I decided it was time I created an account! I'm really excited about the variety of forums here in what seems to be a very pleasant, accepting community. I only hope I can be a fraction as valuable to you all as you've been to me!

Welcome to Neowin and enjoy your stay. And always remember: Entities whose lifespans have originated in any of the Plural zones are advised not to travel in hyperspace and do so at their own risk.

@ Mephistopheles: *sniffle*...I know... my poor ex-husband ;)

@ Markus: Likewise! I have the entire set and have read them several times over. Awesome series, awesome author.

thanks guys, I feel welcome already!

I can top both of you. I attended a lecture DNA held in Hamburg, .de. March 15th, 1994 - shortly after his 42nd birthday.

The books are excellent. As is the BBC series. But the movie... ugh.

post-1302-127292344515.jpg post-1302-12729234548759.jpg

• Like 2

As we welcome you to Neowin, we ask you to say goodbye to the outside world. You won't be seeing much of from now on :p

@ Green_Eye: Outside.. world? What is this place of which you speak?

and wow, I'm super jealous! If only I could have gotten the opportunity to see DNA in person.

I can top both of you. I attended a lecture DNA held in Hamburg, .de. March 15th, 1994 - shortly after his 42nd birthday.

The books are excellent. As is the BBC series. But the movie... ugh.

Have I recently told you how much I actually despise you....? rofl.gif

Never got to meet him unfortunately, however his books and the video game he helped along with (Starship Tianic) are something really incredible to experience. You really get soaked up in the atmosphere..

As you say, the film was absolute rubbish and an insult to DNA.

Even the book 'And Another Thing' which was intended to bring proper closure to the Hitch Hiker saga was a real let down.... sad.gif

I definitely agree that the movie was horrid. I showed up super excited, with my towel and everything, only to be really disappointed. I liked a few individual aspects of it (in itself, NOT as a rendition of one of my favorite books, but just as its own entity) but it definitely didn't do the book justice in any way, shape, or form.

I didn't have very high expectations for the movie because a) I knew the script hadn't been written by DNA himself and b) Disney produced it. DISNEY. *sigh*

For what it's worth, he mentioned working on the movie during the lecture and how it would be out 2 years later. Well, to quote him:

'I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.'

I have to take credit for bringing ammali aboard guys...

Thanks for joining up! Glad you finally followed my suggestions. :)

Edit: Also, I have read the Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide as well.... really envious of Mephistopheles right now. ;)

Oh, sure, everybody wants to post and pretend to be the attractive guy I was talking about... ;)

Welcome to Neowin and enjoy your stay. And always remember: Entities whose lifespans have originated in any of the Plural zones are advised not to travel in hyperspace and do so at their own risk.

Welcome to Neowin, Enjoy your stay!! Thats how I greet as well.

Thanks Alladaskill!

I see you're a Falcons fan... hardcore? You guys just got lucky, picking up Clemson's best TE Michael Palmer. He was amazing to watch over here in the Upstate :)