Creative ZiiSound D5 Wireless Speaker System Review

Just finished writing a long review of the Creative ZiiSound D5 on my blog. I'm very happy with it so I thought I'll do a short summary of the review here and share it with you guys

Creative ZiiSound D5

4583383967_120f0e7f72_m.jpg

Creative ZiiSound D5 is basically a wireless speaker system to let you play music via Bluetooth connection. Apart from the support of Bluetooth devices, the packaging also includes a Bluetooth transmitter for your iPod/iPhone/iPad. Simply plug the transmitter and it will pair up automatically with the speaker. It only takes a few seconds and you don't need to set-up anything.

4584013882_0d8769f8a5_m.jpg

The design is very sleek and elegant, as you can see from the photo above. It has a touch panel to control the Volume and for the Bluetooth pairing:

4584014028_47d43a8653_m.jpg

The sound quality is also crisp and clear, which is quite amazing coming from a speaker of that size. The bass is there but don't compare it to a sound system with an indepedent subwoofer. It also has a docking station to charge your iPod/iPhone and an AUX-in audio jack for other devices

I've tested with my iPod Nano+Transmitter and also using the traditional Bluetooth connection with my HTC Touch Pro 2 and LG Chocolate Touch. All of them worked very well and the sound quality was superb.

4584013940_a279b47e1a_m.jpg

4584013968_f4f15c1ccf_m.jpg

As wireless as it may sound, you still have to connect it to a power socket unfortunately :D

The size is also portable so you can carry it around to a party if you really want to.

I put it next to my bed now and loving it every single night when I want to throw in some music while I'm lying on the bed. The review unit that I got also came with a small Bluetooth dongle for your PC/Notebook. Just like the iPod transmitter, simply plug it to the USB and off you go.