Anyone here have Aspergers?

I know some of you guys do. One of my roommates has Aspergers Im pretty sure and is always doing weird ass **** like mumbling to himself, talking to himself late into the night and walking in and out of the bathroom. He constantly talks to his mom, and only his mom, all day. I have said 2 words to him in the past 2 or 3 months probably which were "go ahead".

He ****es on the floor, gets jelly all over the kitchen floor, and enjoys being creepy when company is over. I think my search of Aspergers people would work better on a Linux forum though.

One night he was in and out of his room constantly roughly 16-18 times until 3:30 just to get single sips of water from the bathroom sink instead of filling the cup he would sip from and drinking in his room.

I think my search of Aspergers people would work better on a Linux forum though.

You are trying to be clever here, trying to be funny. But actually you are right - for reasons I shan't go into because I don't feel you sincerely care about aspergers.

For what it's worth, one of my dearest friends cares for people with major cases, and it's extremely demanding. So I suggest you don't mock or belittle it further.

• Like 2

You are trying to be clever here, trying to be funny. But actually you are right - for reasons I shan't go into because I don't feel you sincerely care about aspergers.

For what it's worth, one of my dearest friends cares for people with major cases, and it's extremely demanding. So I suggest you don't mock or belittle it further.

Actually if you know me, you would know how much Ive put up with this year when all I wanted to do was punch my roommate in the face. My quality of life has been severely dampened because of this roommate. I would get on average 5 hours of sleep for days on end because he has several alarms going on snooze from 6am till 8 when he finally gets up. Ive tried talking to him but there is no way of getting through to him. Instead of fighting over it, I accept it. Ive finally changed rooms to 1 more away form him which has helped tremendously. And you dont know how much I love my sleep. I regularly would get 8-9 before living with him.

I know some of you guys do. One of my roommates has Aspergers Im pretty sure and is always doing weird ass **** like mumbling to himself, talking to himself late into the night and walking in and out of the bathroom. He constantly talks to his mom, and only his mom, all day. I have said 2 words to him in the past 2 or 3 months probably which were "go ahead".

He ****es on the floor, gets jelly all over the kitchen floor, and enjoys being creepy when company is over. I think my search of Aspergers people would work better on a Linux forum though.

One night he was in and out of his room constantly roughly 16-18 times until 3:30 just to get single sips of water from the bathroom sink instead of filling the cup he would sip from and drinking in his room.

that kinda sounds like he's trying to get you to move out rather that suffering from Aspergers.

Ive finally changed rooms to 1 more away form him which has helped tremendously.

Problem solved then. Not entirely sure what you're trying to achieve with this thread...

Problem solved then. Not entirely sure what you're trying to achieve with this thread...

Well I still have a guy that walks up to my door which is at the end of a short secluded hallway. A roommate who cant close cabinets in our small kitchen, a roommate who doesn't understand body language and personal space, a roommate who gets jelly all over the place and doesnt clean it, a roommate who can't compromise etc.

Like what I really want to know is why he's always talking to himself and mumbling weird things and doing these other thing because its extremely creepy and I would like someone who can shed some light on the situation.

Well I still have a guy that walks up to my door which is at the end of a short secluded hallway. A roommate who cant close cabinets in our small kitchen, a roommate who doesn't understand body language and personal space, a roommate who gets jelly all over the place and doesnt clean it, a roommate who can't compromise etc.

Like what I really want to know is why he's always talking to himself and mumbling weird things and doing these other thing because its extremely creepy and I would like someone who can shed some light on the situation.

all i can really say is welcome to the 21st century.

all i can really say is welcome to the 21st century.

Its probably better you dont say anything anymore then if that's all you can say.

I was once in a shop and they had no change of a ?20 note, which I needed for a bus so I thought to myself "******* stupid *****!" but somehow managed to say it aloud to the shopkeeper and his young daughter (she was maybe 8). I just apologised and said I had aspergers and called them both ugly ***** when I left.

I was once in a shop and they had no change of a ?20 note, which I needed for a bus so I thought to myself "******* stupid *****!" but somehow managed to say it aloud to the shopkeeper and his young daughter (she was maybe 8). I just apologised and said I had aspergers and called them both ugly ***** when I left.

Think you're confusing Aspergers with Tourettes there....

Tell him these things **** you off? Move out?

Do you have other roommates? Perhaps get together and have a discussion with him?

We've already tried talking to him. he just says "No, I cant do that" and walks away. or "YOURE NOT MY MOTHER! YOURE NOT MY WIFE! YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" and goes and cries in his room.

I moved in with two of my friends but got stuck with him because they had no more 3 person apartments and we decided to just get a 4 and have them pair us with a random.

And I would like someone who can shed some light on the situation.

You're expecting someone to give a psychical evaluation based on your description without actually meeting the guy? Yeah, he could have Aspergers but then again he could also have poor social skills or some other issue. I don't think this forum is the place for the best advice considering the matter and you're probably better of discussing these issues with his friends/family or the people/company that run the complex you're living in.

Do you have other roommates? Perhaps get together and have a discussion with him?

Sorry, I can tell you that this will not work. Full-blown aspergers sufferers have no concept of "other people's needs" - so anything said would have no impact. Moreover, he wouldn't show because he has no need to. Ego plays a huge part in aspergers (not ego as we know it commonly, but just this huge - single-minded view of "self").

Sorry, I can tell you that this will not work. Full-blown aspergers sufferers have no concept of "other people's needs" - so anything said would have no impact. Moreover, he wouldn't show because he has no need to. Ego plays a huge part in aspergers (not ego as we know it commonly, but just this huge - single-minded view of "self").

I can say this is dead on from my experience.

I'd have to disagree with you there... I've never had a roommate with aspergers, but I have had egotistical self centered ###### as roomates, and when it basically comes down to threatening to kick them out they shaped up rather quickly.

He might only care about himself with his single minded view, sure, but how is he going to feel if he has to find a new place to live?

Final ultimatums usually do the trick for just about anybody.

I'd have to disagree with you there... I've never had a roommate with aspergers, but I have had egotistical self centered *******s as roomates, and when it basically comes down to threatening to kick them out they shaped up rather quickly.

He might only care about himself with his single minded view, sure, but how is he going to feel if he has to find a new place to live?

Theres no way I can get him kicked out. And since you've "never had a roommate with aspergers" you don't understand. There is NO other people in his view. Thats why he can stand right outside my door on the phone talking in his loud voice while Im trying to do homework and not care.

Actually if you know me, you would know how much Ive put up with this year when all I wanted to do was punch my roommate in the face. My quality of life has been severely dampened because of this roommate. I would get on average 5 hours of sleep for days on end because he has several alarms going on snooze from 6am till 8 when he finally gets up. Ive tried talking to him but there is no way of getting through to him. Instead of fighting over it, I accept it. Ive finally changed rooms to 1 more away form him which has helped tremendously. And you dont know how much I love my sleep. I regularly would get 8-9 before living with him.

my god only 5 hours! there isnt ways to make it so you wont hear his alarm either!

I think he wanted you to move out.

my god only 5 hours! there isnt ways to make it so you wont hear his alarm either!

I think he wanted you to move out.

I cant tell if you are being sarcastic or not. But yes an average of five hours for a week (Even saturdays and sundays) when I naturally need 8-9. And no theres no way to make it so it cant be heard. The walls are thin (I can here him talking to himself in his room easily) and he puts his phone on high for the alarm Im sure because my roommates alarm is nowhere near as loud. Its also the most annoying tone alarm ever. Like the ones before real ringtones, but where there are just tones making a tune.

I cant tell if you are being sarcastic or not. But yes an average of five hours for a week (Even saturdays and sundays) when I naturally need 8-9. And no theres no way to make it so it cant be heard. The walls are thin (I can here him talking to himself in his room easily) and he puts his phone on high for the alarm Im sure because my roommates alarm is nowhere near as loud. Its also the most annoying tone alarm ever. Like the ones before real ringtones, but where there are just tones making a tune.

I have gone on 5-6 hours a week with school and work. its hard, but no where near impossible.

I have gone on 5-6 hours a week with school and work. its hard, but no where near impossible.

I dont think Id be here alive and saying this if it were impossible. Butt you just said its hard so why are you acting like its not a pain in the ass? if you had a roommate whos the sole reason for your 5 hours of sleep would you not be upset?

I think your being really self centered and selfish, the guy obviously has a few problems which may cover a multitude of things and you have put it down to Aspergers when it could be Autism or something completely different. You obviously have no compashion or sympathy for someone who has a mental health condition and all you can think about is "wanting to punch the guy in the face", i honestly hope that you do not have any friends or family with a mental health condition as i seriously doubt you would help them or sympathise with them in any way.

What you experienced was possibly just a tiny fraction of what people have to live with everyday, where is be a member of the family or close friend, they live with it, but i seriously doubt they would contemplate a vicous assault.

One thing that disturbed me was when you were trying to be funny by saying "I think my search of Aspergers people would work better on a Linux forum though", a serious mental health disorder is not remotely funny and should not be treated as such but i cannot think you would show any compashion or restraint what-so-ever.

Aspergers Syndrome

Austism

I think your being really self centered and selfish, the guy obviously has a few problems which may cover a multitude of things and you have put it down to Aspergers when it could be Autism or something completely different. You obviously have no compashion or sympathy for someone who has a mental health condition and all you can think about is "wanting to punch the guy in the face", i honestly hope that you do not have any friends or family with a mental health condition as i seriously doubt you would help them or sympathise with them in any way.

What you experienced was possibly just a tiny fraction of what people have to live with everyday, where is be a member of the family or close friend, they live with it, but i seriously doubt they would contemplate a vicous assault.

One thing that disturbed me was when you were trying to be funny by saying "I think my search of Aspergers people would work better on a Linux forum though", a serious mental health disorder is not remotely funny and should not be treated as such but i cannot think you would show any compashion or restraint what-so-ever.

Aspergers Syndrome

Austism

While I would love to punch him in the face, as I stated before, I also know he can't help it and therefor, as I stated before, Im obviously not going to. You guys on neowin really need to chill out a bit. Id love to see how you guys handled this if you cant even handle my posts without throwing a fit.

that kinda sounds like he's trying to get you to move out rather that suffering from Aspergers.

lmao...i just spit pop out my nose laughing. :rofl:

While I would love to punch him in the face, as I stated before, I also know he can't help it and therefor, as I stated before, Im obviously not going to. You guys on neowin really need to chill out a bit. Id love to see how you guys handled this if you cant even handle my posts without throwing a fit.

so wait he's your roommate right? didn't you know at the time you moved in with him he had this illness? do some research next time beforehand. oh yeah and go ahead and punch the poor kid, im sure they would love you in jail after beating up someone with an illness like that. :whistle:

my wife is bipolar and not on meds atm and i deal with her outbursts sometimes. you think you got it bad.... but i still love her and i help her in anyway i can.