Must Reinstall USB drivers every boot?

Well this is annoying.

Starting yesterday I had to uninstall and reinstall each and every I boot now.

Here's the drivers:

usbcontroller.png

The only driver which I can't find a driver for:

masscontroller.png

I'm on a Dell Studio 1745 running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Any solutions or must I reformat? :/

It could be that you do not have the chipset drivers installed, or there is another corrupt file. Assuming you have checked for the obvious virus and malware, I would recommend you open a command prompt with admin privileges then type:

sfc /scannow

this may take a while but it will verify all of the core windows system files are OK, and fix any with issues.

Sounds possible it has updated to the wrong driver, and keeps reinstalling the wrong driver each time

Try device manager > driver properties > roll back driver

If you have to reinstall drivers each boot, it's possible that the settings aren't being saved to the system registry. Are other changes to the system committing? What happens if you remove, say the sound driver? Will it suddenly come back after a reboot?

You dont have any programs such as "Deep Freeze" installed do you ?

Or the equivalent MS program, I forget its name

Steady State.

Sounds possible it has updated to the wrong driver, and keeps reinstalling the wrong driver each time

Try device manager > driver properties > roll back driver

Will do.

Memory card reader? That would happen on my dell, i had forgot it had one.

No, actual USB drivers.

In other words, I can't use ANY USB device until the driver is reinstalled.

If you have to reinstall drivers each boot, it's possible that the settings aren't being saved to the system registry. Are other changes to the system committing? What happens if you remove, say the sound driver? Will it suddenly come back after a reboot?

I think the driver is automatically reinstalled. Not sure, haven't uninstalled the sound driver since I've had issues with it too >_> (see other topic posted by me)

Nope, never even heard of it.

FYI, this happened to start AFTER trying to fix a broken flash drive I bought for my mom, now showing up as 8 MB unreadable instead of 2 GB.

Edit nevermind :)

Let me reiterate, you may need to reinstall your card reader drivers, as that's how my dell would display in the device manager.

Edit nevermind :)

Let me reiterate, you may need to reinstall your card reader drivers, as that's how my dell would display in the device manager.

Card reader still works afaik.

Also, rolling back the driver won't work. It's grayed out/disabled. :/

That is because no older driver have been installed.

What you ?can try is first download the chipset drivers:

Intel GM45 Chipset drivers

And then you remove all the USB devices (uninstall) on device manager manually. When that is done run the chipset install and reboot.

If that doesn't work you need to run a diagnostic on the PC. Might be something wrong with the motherboard. Hit F12 at BIOS splash screen and choose Diagnostic in the boot list.

this app will fix your issues http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html, sometimes windows gets confused with usb devices and has trouble working with certain ones and even after you uninstall them it still does not behave like the device is still there but you normaly can't get rid of the device info but that free app will fix your issues. it will force windows to redetect and install your usb devices properly once you remove the device info for that device that is causing problems.

That is because no older driver have been installed.

What you can try is first download the chipset drivers:

Intel GM45 Chipset drivers

And then you remove all the USB devices (uninstall) on device manager manually. When that is done run the chipset install and reboot.

If that doesn't work you need to run a diagnostic on the PC. Might be something wrong with the motherboard. Hit F12 at BIOS splash screen and choose Diagnostic in the boot list.

Problem is, once I get to the only "working" USB Controller (2937 or something) and uninstall it, it reinstalls all the other drivers. I also tried it after that, and it still didn't work.

Diagnostics turned up nothing. System scan to try and fix anything that would prevent unsuccessful start only caused a system restore which did nothing to fix it.

this app will fix your issues http://www.nirsoft.n...vices_view.html, sometimes windows gets confused with usb devices and has trouble working with certain ones and even after you uninstall them it still does not behave like the device is still there but you normaly can't get rid of the device info but that free app will fix your issues. it will force windows to redetect and install your usb devices properly once you remove the device info for that device that is causing problems.

Didn't work :/

Anyways, is there just a program I can run to uninstall all the USB drivers and reinstall them?

Like a .bat? Just need something to run at boot so I don't have to waste time.