Microsoft Sam in Windows 7?

Well, getting back into (semi)competitive gaming again makes me find myself in Ventrilo alot more. Last I really idled in Vent every day like I do now, was back in '06, and I was still running XP.

I use TTS usually to announce who joins/leaves my channel. I went to set it up, only to notice that 7 only has one TTS solution: Anna. This is a huge problem for me, because with a load of background noise, understanding Anna announce someone's name is next to impossible. That, and I miss Sam's lovely voice :p

Basically, after an hour of searching, I just could not find out how to install Sam to Windows 7 (and not just in a TTS engine). Does anyone have any experience with this? How can I get Sam back?

Configuring "Text To Speech" is very straightforward. Open the Speech folder within the Control Panel. The Speech Properties dialog box that appears will allow you to control various TTS settings.

Under Voice Selection, you can select the voice you want to use. By default, there is only one voice available in Windows XP and Vista called Microsoft Sam. Additional voices can be downloaded from various Web sites such as ByteCool (Y)

Under Voice Selection, you can select the voice you want to use. By default, there is only one voice available in Windows XP and Vista called Microsoft Sam. Additional voices can be downloaded from various Web sites such as ByteCool (Y)

Well, I installed that and even the Coolspeech shareware, restarted, and all. Anna still is the only option available, Ventrilo and otherwise.