Looking for decent starting multimeter

Although I've read quite a bit about electronics, I have yet to actually create anything substantial. So I'm guessing one of the first things I need is a multimeter to check the currents and voltage. Unfortunately a lot of websites don't actually reveal the ranges for the multimeters. The best meter I've found so far is: http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3/HouseHome/2/Electrical/ElectricalTesters/PRD~0520060P/Mastercraft%252BDigital%252BMultimeter.jsp?locale=en

How do I know how accurate that meter would be within the 200 mV range? I know the basic ranges I need, but do they only state how accurate they are on the physical boxes and not on the website?

Would even aRadio Shack 15 Range Digital Multimeter do?

Thanks

For home/hobby use, the one you linked shoud do just fine. We use Flukes at work and they are the best meters around. We have several series 80s and a few 117s.

If you get serious about needing a good DMM, I'd look at Fluke, but you're looking at a minimum $100 to get into a basic 1xx series, and upwards of $300-400 for a nice series 80. And they go up from there too.

Also, because the Fluke's have much higher resolution, you'd also want to look at getting it calibrated periodically to ensure you are getting accurate readings (we have ours calibrated once a year).