Power A Makes a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller for the PS3

Power A Makes a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller for the PS3

500x_controller1.jpg

This is the best PlayStation 3 controller right now, precisely because it's not shaped like aPS3 controller.

Power A spent a good deal of time taking what's best about the Xbox 360 controller?the most natural "traditional" controller?and bringing it to the PS3. It's called the PS3 Pro Elite, and it's only $50. You have your left analog stick up on the top left and D-Pad down on the bottom. The palm parts extend much lower, and are coated with a grippy, but breathable material, which makes a huge difference when you play games for hours on end.

500x_controller4.jpg

The only thing that Power A didn't bring over from the 360 are the shoulder buttons. The L1, R1 buttons are more mushy, and the L2 and R2 shoulder buttons are super mushy, like the PS3's. This is my only complaint?I wish they went all the way and brought the Xbox's triggers over.

Oh, and you still get Sixaxis capabilities, so there really is no sacrifice. Plus you get glowing buttons, and true wireless, albeit a third-party wireless that you need a dongle for. The dongle is included.

500x_controller6.jpg

For a cheaper, wired solution, Power A has a $20 controller that sacrifices stuff like Sixaxis, but still gives you the 360-style shape that will be great for secondary and tertiary and quaternary controllers that you only use when friends come over.

Source: Gizmodo

Looks nice, but I cannot stand the L buttons on the PS3 controller and I do not see how the attachable trigger buttons will fit onto this controller.

I actually prefer the PS3 controller itself. The XBox controller is great, but my preferrence has always been the Sony one, sure it's not a smooth as the 360 one, but it suits my needs perfectly....

I don't like the xbox controllers, the position of the left joystick seems out of place to me. However, I'm surprised someone hasn't done this before, I wouldn't imagine it being that difficult to implement.

I guess it's the whole "what you're used to" argument. My hands hurt after using the PS3 controller for a while. I find the two joysticks positioned so low and close together uncomfortable. This will definitely be my primary controller. I'm sure it includes rumble if sixaxis made it in there. As for the dongle, it doesn't bother me since my PS3 is in a cabinet.

I guess it's the whole "what you're used to" argument. My hands hurt after using the PS3 controller for a while. I find the two joysticks positioned so low and close together uncomfortable. This will definitely be my primary controller. I'm sure it includes rumble if sixaxis made it in there. As for the dongle, it doesn't bother me since my PS3 is in a cabinet.

I think it comes down to this mainly, I for one am used to using the PlayStation controller my entire life and I don't have the largest of hands either so I don't find it a problem.