How are you enjoying the World Cup in 2010?

How are you viewing the WC2010? (majority if multiple)  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Location? (for ESPN broadcast reasons)

• USA
    • Outside USA
  2. 2. Viewing format

• Television
    • Mobile
    • 3D TV
  3. 3. If TV, High Definition or Standard Definition?

• HD
    • SD
    • I chose a non-TV option

- Outside USA

- Television

- SD

I am not enjoying the WC fully yet, due to the vuvuzelas and all the draws we are seeing. Hopefully its due to it being the first games that each team is playing, and we should see some more exciting games later on in the group, and certainly during the knock-out stages!

Its not been bad.

Sadly the BBC hasn't got full coverage. ?At the moment ITV have had the most matches in a day. ?Sadly ITV are failing. ?BBC have a very good pundit and presentation team. ?Which only consists of one current player and the rest former players but pundits for some time. ?ITV have only 1 person I like and that's Gareth Southgate. ?They've got Edgar Davids and Patrick Vieira along with Marcel Desailly. ?They speak english in a monotone way, expect Marcel who is like a kid who can't slow down. ?Adrian Chiles isn't that great, he's always looking ?down at his sides for his notes and doesn't even present the two matches! Waste of money.

ITV still fail at presenting. ?I'd rather Gareth Southgate moved to the BBC, he'd get better respect and can discuss ideas.

- Outside USA

- Television

- SD

And i do love it so far. Maybe more goals could be nice. One other thing i dont like is schedule...since 3rd game is played when i am at work, and 1st game is too early (7am). So i can only watch 2nd game.

And of course replays is not something you watch.

I'm watching it on SD TV.

Here the UK the matches are spilt between the two main Channels, BBC and itv, both are free :)

Very cool, here in the US, ESPN has full coverage on every match (except those on ABC - which owns ESPN anyways, so far only 2 matches on ABC anyways). All free.

Guess I could say how I'm watching as well. USA - HDTV; I did watch one match in 3D at a friends house - pretty cool.

- Outside USA

- Television

- SD and HD [Depends on which TV]

I am really enjoying this years world cup, but I say that every four years anyway :rofl:

Outside the USA ( Why is this an option on the poll...? Makes it believe that there's the USA and then the rest of the World. The USA doesn't even have many football fans + their team sucks ).

Television.

HD (Digital TV on PC) and SD (analogical TV).

So far the games have been boring, draws, no goals. The big winner of this World Cup will be the vuvuzela, as it managed to take all of the attentions away from the actual game. You can't hear the crowd cheering/chanting/applauding, the players can't speak with each other, loose concentration and can't focus on giving a good display of football. Worst World Cup ever.

Outside the USA ( Why is this an option on the poll...? Makes it believe that there's the USA and then the rest of the World. The USA doesn't even have many football fans + their team sucks ).

Television.

HD (Digital TV on PC) and SD (analogical TV).

So far the games have been boring, draws, no goals. The big winner of this World Cup will be the vuvuzela, as it managed to take all of the attentions away from the actual game. You can't hear the crowd cheering/chanting/applauding, the players can't speak with each other, loose concentration and can't focus on giving a good display of football. Worst World Cup ever.

It says exactly why I included it in the poll directly above the question. For ESPN reasons, apparently some of you pay extra for ESPN and it isn't in some areas, etc. So I wanted to know.

Also, I guess you missed the Brasil v N. Korea game..

Im enjoying the worldcup, on TV through BBC/ITV free to watch.

Im loving that there's 3 games a day, from 12:00 and finishing at 21:30.. means that at any time of the day, ive got something to watch.

The horns are abit annoying, i always loved to hear the crowd and each game was different due to different crowds having different chants, singing styles and even bringing different instruments. It seems that this world cup has switched from showing off everyones culture to showing off South Africa's horn blowing skills. I remember one world cup where hardly any england fans made it to the one game due to transportation problems but there was an england group in the corner who had bought a full brass band with them who were playing tunes to keep the few england fans chanting.

Polls needs to be multiple choice. Outside of UK, sometimes on TV or online. Or just updates through my Chrome extension. Or on Radio 5. When on TV in SD.

Again, people (Lechio & Singh400) please READ the entire post including headings... it says:

Poll: How are you viewing the WC2010? (majority if multiple)

I don't want to be rude, but please don't bash the poll when your complaints are clearly taken care of upon poll creation.

Outside of the US

TV (via DVB-T USB stick and EyeTV)

SD

Overall it's been mostly enjoyable thus far, if you ignore the dreaded vuvuzelas.

As an aside I really enjoy how community members on the forum as well as on IRC are able to put the usual niggles aside and instead enjoy the world cup together, discussing it (mostly) in a friendly atmosphere.

Outside of the US

TV (via DVB-T USB stick and EyeTV)

SD

Overall it's been mostly enjoyable thus far, if you ignore the dreaded vuvuzelas.

As an aside I really enjoy how community members on the forum as well as on IRC are able to put the usual niggles aside and instead enjoy the world cup together, discussing it (mostly) in a friendly atmosphere.

Agreed, I thoroughly enjoy waking up @ 7:30am, watching all 3 games with my laptop in my lap discussing the match(es) as they're going on with you guys. Really adds to my World Cup experience getting all of your takes on what is going on.

BBC HD

ITV HD

47 inch

Dolby Digital 2.0/1

All coming off Freesat HDR. I've been recording the games to the HDD because I work in the day. Then I'll watch (from that day) which ever game sounds the best at 5 when I get home from work.

I shame they haven't got true surround sound being pushed out. I can upmix, but it's not v good.

I had to resort to watching the Italy game on tvcatchup, and it made me sad to see pixelation. :p

Vuvuzela is extremely annoying. The games lack atmosphere due to the vuvuzela.

Also the games have been extremely boring, except for the Germans. They provided a bit of entertainment.

I'm lacking interest at he minutie due to the first round of games being boring. I do have a bet on Argentina.

Can't wait to the knockout stage so the world cup becomes a bit interesting.

It is strange as you know half of the teams in the thing don't stand a chance of winning it.

Need to get past the group stage so all the smaller teams get knocked out. New Zealand,south korea etc.