Extending Wi-Fi Range to a PS3

I have a D-Link DIR-655 wireless router at one end of my house and a PS3 at the other. The router is broadcasting a G signal and an N signal, but the G signal cannot reach the PS3 and the PS3 does not have wireless N capabilities. I am trying to find the best way to get my PS3 online. I would use the PS3's connection to browse the web and play games online as well as stream videos and music from another computer on the network.

I have an old wireless G router which I think may help resolve my problem. I tried connecting this G router via an ethernet cable to a computer on the network. I then set up a bridge between the computer's wireless adapter, which picks up the D-Link's signal, and the G router. Through this method I was able to connect to the internet on the PS3 (the PS3 picking up on the old router's G signal, which works because the computer is closer to the PS3 than the D-Link router is), but the drawback is that the computer would have to be on all the time, which I don't think I'd want to do. What is the best way to accomplish this?

I have a D-Link DIR-655 wireless router at one end of my house and a PS3 at the other. The router is broadcasting a G signal and an N signal, but the G signal cannot reach the PS3 and the PS3 does not have wireless N capabilities. I am trying to find the best way to get my PS3 online. I would use the PS3's connection to browse the web and play games online as well as stream videos and music from another computer on the network.

I have an old wireless G router which I think may help resolve my problem. I tried connecting this G router via an ethernet cable to a computer on the network. I then set up a bridge between the computer's wireless adapter, which picks up the D-Link's signal, and the G router. Through this method I was able to connect to the internet on the PS3 (the PS3 picking up on the old router's G signal, which works because the computer is closer to the PS3 than the D-Link router is), but the drawback is that the computer would have to be on all the time, which I don't think I'd want to do. What is the best way to accomplish this?

You can connect a wireless N bridge/router to the PS3's ethernet connection and link it wirelessly to your main router I believe

http://playstation-3...2f0719860c.html

Alright, I need some major help here. I have a Netgear Wireless N Router now, a WNR2000v2. How in the world do I set this up? I have it connected via ethernet to the PS3 but I have no idea how to set it up so that it picks up the D-Link's wireless N and provides the PS3 with internet and local network access. I tried connecting the Netgear to my computer and setting up Wireless Repeating mode, but I applied the settings and then I couldn't get access to the Netgear's settings anymore through my computer. Basically I don't know what I'm doing. I've looked online but nothing seems to describe how to set up an internet connection for a computer/PS3 in the way I need. Help please!

With that setup you would need to set the Netgear up in bridge mode if it's supported in the default firmware.

Setting it up as a repeatear would work as well, but you would not connect the PS3 to it via the LAN port, just via wireless.

For help setting up a wireless repeater, see here.