[Official] Kinect - Over 4 million units sold!

I don't care about other people, my friends can buy their own controllers :laugh:

He specifically wants Kinect for moving around the Dashboard, if I want move for moving around the XMB which is possible (seen below - 2:35) I only need a camera and wand

Whole package can be purchased for £75, still nowhere near £125.

Pricing of Kinect at £130 if true is a massive fail.

Eyepet cost me £17 (comes with Camera), and a move controller is currently £35.

Total = £52.

So I have no idea how that is close to £130.

I am not surprised.

Sony Move Bundle - $100, includes game, camera and one Move controller.

Sony Navigation - $30

-----------------------------------

1 Player for full Move experience, $130.00

2 Player for full Move experience, $210.00 (second Move controller $50, second navigation, $30)

Game requires two Move controllers for the game, such as the new Archery game:

1 Player, $180.00

2 Player, $260.00

Whatever the price is for Kinect, 2 people can play at the same time, and 4 more can also jump in and out without the need for a 2nd or 6th set of controllers, for whatever price. Granted, Kinect pricing hasn't been announced, so..if it comes out at $300, then Move wins for 2 people. Move pricing is epic fail.

• Like 2

^ What he said

Also AB, I was using RRP for all the products. No use searching for deals now when Kinect will obviously get them too. I'm only comparing like for like.

I am not surprised.

Sony Move Bundle - $100, includes game, camera and one Move controller.

Sony Navigation - $30

-----------------------------------

1 Player for full Move experience, $130.00

2 Player for full Move experience, $210.00 (second Move controller $50, second navigation, $30)

Game requires two Move controllers for the game, such as the new Archery game:

1 Player, $180.00

2 Player, $260.00

Whatever the price is for Kinect, 2 people can play at the same time, and 4 more can also jump in and out without the need for a 2nd or 6th set of controllers, for whatever price. Granted, Kinect pricing hasn't been announced, so..if it comes out at $300, then Move wins for 2 people. Move pricing is epic fail.

Just curious, but didn't sony say at the E3 that all move games could use both the standard PS3 controller or the move controllers. They wanted to do this so that other people could still enjoy the games even if they didn't own move.... So, in all honesty, you would only need a set for yourself, other people could still play if you or they didn't own a set. (not the best experience by any means, but at least no one is left out)

MS Did it right with their price point/idea, I hated that I had to buy a wii mote then a nunchuck just to play certain games.....

Kinect detailed in newly precise tech specs

Sure, you know Kinect, but do you know Kinect? While retailers have backed off publishing $150 pricetags for Kinect in bizarre displays of solidarity, UK shop Play.com has up some new specifics on the technology in its listing for the device. Here are a few of the standouts that were news to us:

• Field of view is relatively limited, something we could sense when spending time with Kinect at E3. The unit sees 57 degrees of horizontal and 43 degrees of vertical, with a 27 degree physical tilt to keep you in the action.
  • Depth of view is similarly strict, ranging from 4 feet to 11.5 feet.
  • Skeletal tracking is limited to two active players at a time, as we knew, but the system can at least keep its eye on up to six people at once -- like that totally optional pair of backup dancers in Dance Central.
  • Resolution, because we know you were wondering, is detailed as well: 320 x 240, 16-bit at 30 fps (we're guessing this is the depth camera), 640 x 480, 32-bit color at 30 fps (yeah, this is the color one), and 16-bit audio at 16 kHz.

No huge surprises, and we're sure a few more details will leak out before launch -- can't you just wait to get "off the couch, on your feet and in the fun"?

Source: http://www.engadget....ise-tech-specs/

^^what they both said, also as has been mentioned several times before $149 ?129 are rumours, I think (and hope) MS may do an iPad here and on release it'll b like $120 ?99 or something...but a good ammount cheaper then the rumours, I'm just hoping for a sub ?100 RRP or bundled with a game or 2 for the $149 ?129

I'm hoping that too, we'll hear horror stories of high prices for months then be greated with a really low price in November.

Reverse psychology to make people want it more :p And if it does turn out less it means I can maybe buy Move at the same time.

What am I paying £130 for, exactly? A VGA camera with a couple microphones and a depth camera? I don't get it.

When did MS announce a price?

Just curious, but didn't sony say at the E3 that all move games could use both the standard PS3 controller or the move controllers.

No. They announced Move only games, and Move compatible games. Move only games require Move. However, if one wanted, they could hold the Move controller and the PS3's dual shock controller together to avoid having to get a Navigation controller.

What am I paying £130 for, exactly? A VGA camera with a couple microphones and a depth camera? I don't get it.

urm...full 3D skeletal tracking of 2 people at the same time, drop in and drop out play, voice and motion control, extra/updated dashboard, social aspects like integration with Windows Live messenger, video kinect. and the R&D that went into it all of this.

+ I'm sure there are things I've missed.

What am I paying ?130 for, exactly? A VGA camera with a couple microphones and a depth camera? I don't get it.

Well hey, depth camera's aren't as common as VGA anyway :p And you can't forget motorized tilt either :p

But yeah, like was said above you also have to take into account the millions of dollars of development this thing cost, it's quite complex software, far more so than Wii or Move.

When did MS announce a price?

No. They announced Move only games, and Move compatible games. Move only games require Move. However, if one wanted, they could hold the Move controller and the PS3's dual shock controller together to avoid having to get a Navigation controller.

Ahh, ok, thanks. Either way sounds like kinect is a solid deal.

But that's not the case for everyone or every game. Ftr I bought Eyepet on the cheap with the camera too, but it RRP's for ?25 (for the camera alone, not everyone wants Eyepet). Move is RRP ?40 and Navi is ?30. Then some games will require two Move controllers per person. The price just shot up.

@Larry, they've already said Kinect will work while you are sitting. Nobody in their right mind is going to stand and watch movies giving orders to their 360. Can you honestly see MS suggesting it either?

Using Kinect also means anyone can control the dashboard and not having to pass a controller around. Small time save, but it also means that someone who has never used the controller before can work the Xbox now. They don't need to memorize that A is play/pause, Y is info, B is exit etc etc. Accessibility is what they are aiming for, not just with the games but the software too, which was Nintendo's mission as well with the Wii.

If the price is right I'm sure a lot of hardcore gamers will buy it, including myself. If Move was coming out at a different time I'd buy that at launch too, but buying both sounds like it's going to be expensive, so Sony take the short straw this time.

Okay, I definitely did not realize they announced one can be sitting for the dash. That makes it much more realistic.

But your whole point about making it more accessible, which I agree on actually, is exactly why I do not feel hardcore gamers are not as into it as you feel they are, because as I said I, nor anyone who uses the 360 frequently, does not need it to be more accessible, I know how to navigate the dash better than I know my own house probably. So that is why I do feel that whole functionality better serves and is more suited for the casual crowd. So we will agree to disagree there.

Also Thread Cleaned. No need to add pictures that can instigate anything.

Ahh, ok, thanks. Either way sounds like kinect is a solid deal.

Well, we don't know if Kinect is a solid deal. For all we know it could be $29.99, or $299.99. It could be an ultimate rip for all we know. I think once the release date gets closer (still almost 5 months off), MS will determine the cost to produce and offer us a price.

Edited by DirtyLarry
Comment about moderation

Kinectimals DOESN'T use Milo tech - Dev

Kinectimals dev, Frontier has clarified that its upcoming motion game DOES NOT share any technology with Lionhead's own title Milo & Kate.

The clarification comes after Microsoft Game Studios' Phil Spencer said that technology from Lionhead's Milo ended up being used in the virtual pet game.

Chairman of Kinectimals developer Frontier, David Braben, has now told OXM that this isn't actually the case. We're so confused right now.

"I'd like to address some stories that are currently circulating, that Kinectimals from Frontier is somehow related to Milo and Kate from Lionhead," he explained.

"Kinectimals has been in development since before we saw Milo. It is built using Frontier's own technology shared with other Frontier games in development, and ideas evolved from earlier games like 'Dog's Life'.

"There has not been any involvement in the technology or design by Lionhead. Milo and Kate is a completely separate (and intriguing) development from Lionhead."

So there you have it, the latest twist in the ongoing Milo & Kate news tennis. We've done more Milo stories this week than we have all year.

Source: http://www.computera...e.php?id=254061

blink.gif

Or maybe the dev doesn't want others to get credit for something? Who really knows, and who really cares? In the end if it works it works.

Or maybe the dev doesn't want others to get credit for something?

How did you come to that conclusion with those sparse details? :/

How did you come to that conclusion with those sparse details? :/

If you have to ask then forget it.