Fabio Capello to remain England manager

Fabio Capello is to continue as England manager, the Football Association has confirmed.

The Italian, 64, found himself under pressure following a disastrous World Cup campaign that saw England thrashed by Germany in their last-16 tie.

On Monday he was told he would learn his fate in two weeks, only to be given full FA backing four days later.

"We remain convinced that Fabio is the best man for the job," Club England chairman Sir Dave Richards said.

Source

Well lets hope we get a major improvement in the quality of players in the England squad.

Lets also hope Fabio helps set out the youth problems in English football.

We need to see anyone aged over 30 dumped, no point having them we need to start building up a completely different squad which can last for years, as if we can't turn up with this squad to Euro 2012 as they are starting to be quite old, I'd rather fail with a youth squad than an old experienced squad.

he needs to pick the best players in form and not just the best players from the squads.

he needs to pick the best players in form and not just the best players from the squads.

I agree with you as i'm sure Joe Hart and Darren Bent does as well.

The England team needs to start all over again. Sven, Maclaren and Fabio have all failed with near enough the same squad.

They need to stop looking at just the top teams players.

I'm sure there are players in other teams that are as good/if not better in certain positions.

He's under contract until 2012 I think?

All they did (stupidly) was remove the clause that he could be fired without compensating the remaining time left on the contract. before the World Cup even started.