Brazil fan kills himself after World Cup loss

A young Haitian football fan was so distraught at Brazil's World Cup exit on Friday that he killed himself by leaping in front of a car, according to witnesses contacted by an AFP photographer.

The 18-year-old died after the incident, which took place in Nerette, on the outskirts of the Haitian capital, following Brazil's 2-1 defeat by the Netherlands in the quarter-finals.

During the World Cup, Brazilian wins were celebrated by street parties that brought a rare dash of colour and joy to a country still struggling to rebuild after the devastation of the January earthquake.

Source : WAToday

Good riddance selfish idiot decided to put whoever was in the car in danger as well as the emotional trauma they are now going to have at killing a person, if he was going to kill himself he should have done it when no one was around in the middle of nowhere so his body would just rot and no one would know or care about him.

Sad. Why didn't he go somewhere with nobody around and do it there? Now this poor driver has to live with himself for killing somebody.

Why didn't he just go jump off a tall cliff..this guy is retarded...the only sad thing is he put someone else in harms way...

Maybe he gambled his money away or something...

It's still selfish, to jump in front of another's car like that. It's also selfish to his family who are now - most likely - going to be in bereavement.

It's still selfish, to jump in front of another's car like that. It's also selfish to his family who are now - most likely - going to be in bereavement.

Or Not..they could be thinking what a complete f*in retard he is...bury him face down because he's an idiot lol

Or Not..they could be thinking what a complete f*in retard he is...bury him face down because he's an idiot lol

Haha, very true :D That's why I made sure to say "most likely," leaving the possibility that they wouldn't be :p

Emotionally unstable tard.?

While at it , you won't have a hard time noticing a specimen behave in such a way . Be passive and this happens >.> .?

I love the fact that this topic is in recreational activities!

One thing always springs to mind when I hear things like this gene pool!

Putting the joking aside, for a fellow human to end up that emotionally challenged to do something like that over football (if indeed it was something to do with the football) is a pretty poor and upsetting story.

People do take some competitions way too seriously, but when it comes to the World Cup the media, the country and other powers to be hype into something incredible and ultimately very important, anybody that is a little unstable is going to find the emotions of losing difficult to handle, even I get quite emotionally involved watching the World Cup games when my countries playing and that is the only football I ever watch.

Good riddance selfish idiot decided to put whoever was in the car in danger as well as the emotional trauma they are now going to have at killing a person, if he was going to kill himself he should have done it when no one was around in the middle of nowhere so his body would just rot and no one would know or care about him.

+1