[win7] Extracted some .exes but can't find files

I got bored and used 7-zip to extract some .exe's. I used "Extract here" hoping it would go to the desktop but It did not... And I can't find where it extracted. Looked in folders over my computer with hidden files being shown... They exist but how can I remove them?

Try to:

• Search
  • Re-install
  • Re-run extraction program and look at the directory that is displayed (it should be the last used directory)

One of those should work.

It gives the location as

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta 1

For the Firefox 4.0 ones, but searched the folder and can't see any... And when I extract again. I know there there as it asks me if I want to replace the existing files one by one.

NEVERMIND: Found them, in the folder It was showing a "Compatibility Files" button. Clicked that and it lead me to a real hidden virtual store folder thing that had them in :)

If you want to remove [the files], try using the good old fashioned command prompt by typing

del *

If you want to have Firefox 4.0 installed, remove the existing folder and all its contents and install it 'normally' by running the installer.

It gives the location as

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta 1

For the Firefox 4.0 ones, but searched the folder and can't see any... And when I extract again. I know there there as it asks me if I want to replace the existing files one by one.

NEVERMIND: Found them, in the folder It was showing a "Compatibility Files" button. Clicked that and it lead me to a real hidden virtual store folder thing that had them in :)

If you download a file and choose to open them (Firefox for example) not just 7-Zip, but WinRAR as well will pick up either the firefox installation folder or the TEMP folder of Windows if you choose to "extract here". When doing this, you better extract them to a known location by browsing instead of extract here, which is helpful only when you know where the files are located.

Try looking for them in the TEMP folder. Type %TEMP% in the start menu and press ENTER.