[WC 2010] How do you rate the 2010 Football World Cup?

73 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the 2010 Football World Cup?

With the World Cup almost behind us it's time to summarise and rate the World Cup.

In my opinion we got to see a good World Cup this year, with several really good matches. Bad aspects of it: F'ing vuvuzelas, controversial referee decisions tainting it, the octopus being right when I wished it had been wrong. ;)

Overall I'd rate it 8/10.

The bad:

• The ball
  • Vuvuzelas
  • Refereeing
  • Disappointing performances France and England
  • The Finalists
  • Diving
  • Underwhelming Brazil once again
  • Seeing Suarez made a national hero
  • Tevez

The good:

• Germany's football
  • Beautiful Stadiums
  • Ghana
  • Netherlands may finally win
  • Diego Forlan
  • Ozil

Just off the top of my head.

8/10 its lucky that Africa got a chance to hold the WC 2010, but they did it right in many ways. The match ups were really good and most of the big teams went home for a chance to let the underdogs battle it out. The Vuvuzelas are a big distraction and f'ing annoying but there apart of the culture. The ball was nice, but is not a big part of the game for me. A great WC no doubt, but Brazil will hold a better one hopefully. :D

8. Good world cup overall, with good games and stuff. Everyone expects a World Cup to provide entertainment that everyone will remember, and with the Vuvuzelas and the Spain:Netherlands finale it sure will be rememberd.

PS : On a side note, there is no way Brazil isn't winning next world cup :D

The bad:

• Tevez

Just a question, what was so bad about Tevez? I think he played pretty well and the offside decision was not his fault.

As for me, I'd rate it a 6 too. Agree with some of the points above. Not too sure why some of the big stars never turned up. The demise of the French and English was just a terrible shame. The ball was terrible, the referees were terrible at most, so, glad that the best man has landed the final. And yes, those bloody vuvuzelas!

I voted 8; started slow, but as always - drama unfolded. I though South Africa, so far (hard to undo at this point) has done a great job as a host nation.

His face,obviously.

id plus 1 you for the tevez comment in a hearbeat... golden!

awesome player though...

and so far how would i rate it? tell you after spain wins ;)

Last worldcup was better unless someone gets headbutted tommorow.

No.

I loved this world cup. Plenty of excitement and unexpected stuff.

The only thing i disliked is bad referring.

So 9/10.

Meh... The playing itself was good (not great) but what killed it for me was bad referring and the F'ing vuvuzelas... (so glad my girlfriend's TV service provider implemented a way to remove the vuvuzela sound)

7/10

I'd give it a 7/10

Not many goals in some games.

Selecting games to watch was hard, some games that were an awesome matchup sucked and some games that were a poor matchup were great.

Some terrible referee decisitions shaped some games in advantage of certain teams.

****ing Vuvuzelas were a bit annoying.

3/10

Very poor level, from everyone except Uruguay and Germany. Uruguay played with balls and Germany with speed and lucidity.

Spain won, but only because they got a very easy start, and even so they lost the first game. TBH this World Cup will not stay in my memory.

edit: if I may, I think this World Cup begins the fact that the players give way more with their clubs than their country. It's obvious with France, England, Italy, Brasil and Argentina. And you got almost all of the very top players in those countries.

The officiating by the referees was really the only gripe I had against this World Cup. Everything else is just part of the game, the Vuvuzelas you gotta deal with it and the South Africans proved it was worthwhile anyways. The ball, well here is the deal, it seems to me the teams that made it through and go past the qualifying round didn't complain about the ball so I think the players just use it as an excuse every World Cup to avoid criticism for their bad decisions/skills.

FIFA seriously needs to learn and allows to technology to be taken into consideration when decisions are being made on the field, otherwise things will get way more heated the next World Cup.

6/10

England's poor showing was a disappointment (but ultimately not a surprise), the vuvuzelas were an awful idea, but overall it was the fact that there were far more dull matches than good ones. Shame.

I've watched almost every single game in this worldcup... I'm really disapointed with pretty much everything...

Suarez ? National Heroe ?! come on !

Spain... OK, quite fair-play but allways winning last-minute on 1-0 ? come on !

And what about "kung-foot" ??? (Netherlands, Argentina, Uruguay...)

Nothing to say about referees... disgusting for most.

I'm far from being dutch but the only games I did enjoyed were the ones they played...