Will you line up to buy StarCraft 2?

98 members have voted

1. 1. Will you line up?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I know I will! I'll be lining up at a local FutureShop (see here, Canadians).

For the Europeans of Neowin, check this out for a list of select retailers that will be open at midnight on July 26th: http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/events/starcraft2-midnight-openings.html

For North Americans: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/events/starcraft2-fountainvalley.html

If you can't find a store near you, check out your local electronics/gaming stores for more information. StarCraft 2 is a big game so chances are they'll be open at midnight.

Oh, and in case you didn't know... the release date is July 27th. :)

Edited by Anaron
Added poll.

Don't think so. I was in the beta, and I honestly don't think its worth it.

There are better rts games to play. SC2s style of RTS just isn't that fun for me, I prefer longer games that are more indepth in terms of tactics, unit creation, upgrades etc. SC2 is just too fast, and often the winner is the person who macros the best.

And no I was in the gold league for 1v1 and platinum for 2v2, so it wasn't because I sucked.

And then with all the crap about lan support, tournament support, custom games not being added in..but hey we get facebook integration (a feature nobody even asked for, or cared about)

Normally, I wouldn't wait in line but I'm doing it because of the Collector's Edition. :)

Haha you would anaron post this. But member you have to anyway for a collectors Ed.

Me, mall stores can't have midnight and I'm kind of happy no midnights because I don't want to stay up and realize there gonna have major launch day issues(which is to be expected) and since I plan on jumping into multiplayer right away I don't mind waitingtill 10am CST. I'll be there at 930 and since I work in the mall I'll sneak thru employee entrance, enter the store. Buy my copy. Hold it at the gate and be like "FIRST COPY FROM THIS STORE BITCHES" wait for the store to open and run to my car to go home and play lol.

Only reason I'm doing the gate thing is for all the "Starcraft junkies" that are now last minute buying computers from bestbuy and reservig this game. Gotta **** n00bs off.

Other then that, I always line up for midnights. Halo reach will be my next big lineup.

Sikh, that'll be my last resort. ;)

To everyone else that said no, it's no different than lining up to buy Halo 3 or Gears of War 2. There are fans out there that are eager enough to wait outside a store to get their hands on the game 6-12 hours before most people. :p Of course, I could understand why a non-fan wouldn't wait in line.

No. It is a policy of mine to expend as little of my time (which has a cost) as possible on purchasing items. As I like to say, "I should never work to give away my money."

So if I were standing in line at midnight Blizzard would have to be paying me.

i used to love working at futureshop to watch all the WoW nerds wait in line starting at midnight to line up for the game. SOOOOOO funny. We didn't even sell out of the game cause of how many copies we had. I don't get this obsession with playing a video game that badly.

It's one thing to line up for the regular version (which can be purchased digitally) but it's another to line up for the Collector's Edition. It's certainly better than waiting for it to come in the mail.

Na,got in the beta days ago, didn't care for it, wasn't a biggie on SC 1 either

No ..

They messed up SC2 by removing lan support and totally messing up the

game IMO. That's what made SC so popular in the first place.

I'll pass on this one, Blizzard should have kept it similar to SC. They only

should have add better graphics, eye candy and leave in the lan stuff

in.