Geforce2 MX/400 64mb Vista/7 Drivers

Anyone got any ideas where i can get hold of some Vista/7 drivers for a old card... its the Geforce2 MX/400 64mb version

thanks

nVidia probably doesn't make drivers for such old cards anymore ;)

There are no WDDM (Windows Display Driver Model) drivers available for a GeForce 2 card for use with Windows Vista or Windows 7. You should be able to use the latest available Windows XP (XPDM) drivers for your video card.

Anyone got any ideas where i can get hold of some Vista/7 drivers for a old card... its the Geforce2 MX/400 64mb version

thanks

i did test this card with windows 7, the default driver from windows seem to be the best. trying the forceware 7x. 8x series gave some bsods. aero doesnt work of course.

I think the earliest nvidia card that works properly in Windows 7 with full resolution/3D/Aero support is the FX5200. There are plenty of AGP video cards all over the internet being sold at dirt cheap prices, which are far, far superior to the geforce2. I would recommend getting one of those if you want proper video support in Windows 7 on that old of a machine.

I would just remain with the default driver that was installed - I can't imagine you using it for anything intensive if it's such an antiquated card.

tbh all its going to be doing is playing Plants Vs zombies and possibly HL2 (if it can cope)

anything gotta be better than the crappy onboard chip that running in my partner PC atm

Im picking up some more old parts on sunday, so im hoping there might be something decent in that

tbh all its going to be doing is playing Plants Vs zombies and possibly HL2 (if it can cope)

anything gotta be better than the crappy onboard chip that running in my partner PC atm

Im picking up some more old parts on sunday, so im hoping there might be something decent in that

Take it from someone who had that card - you won't be able to properly play HL2 on there. You get around 20fps on there if you're lucky.

Take it from someone who had that card - you won't be able to properly play HL2 on there. You get around 20fps on there if you're lucky.

Agreed. The card's 10 years old now. It remains my second favorite video card of all time, but it just can't hold it's muster anymore

well the XP drivers installed buy everytime i went to load a game or refresh my WEI it kept bluescreening, so ive taken the card out now

thanks for the help everyone

You can try www.laptopvideo2go.com , I know it says laptop in the name but they're basically just the regular drivers in which the install config has been edited to support pretty much all of nVidia's cards.

well the XP drivers installed buy everytime i went to load a game or refresh my WEI it kept bluescreening, so ive taken the card out now

I believe Windows 7 / Vista use a different driver framework than XP so thats probably why.