New Grid, Operation Flashpoint coming from Codemasters

I actually like Operation Flashpoint, though I haven not finished much of it yet (I played the one before it as well). The problem I have with it is they screwed the community over by stating they were going to have frequent DLC content, and no such thing happened after the first one.

I liked it too, mainly as I don't have a PC capable of playing ArmaII. My major gripe with OFP2 was the lack of a mission editor for the PS3 version. Would it hurt to allow a mission to be built on PC and exported at least?

It's all about V-Rally wub.gif

Umm, Colin McRae Rally 1 and 2.0 were the best rally games of their generation, V-Rally was arcade poop :(

I liked it too, mainly as I don't have a PC capable of playing ArmaII. My major gripe with OFP2 was the lack of a mission editor for the PS3 version. Would it hurt to allow a mission to be built on PC and exported at least?

Mission editors and map editors need more console love. Far Cry 1 & 2 are excellent examples of map editors. As for mission editors, I have never used one of those, but I would applaud it's existence on the PS3 and 360.

Ha.

The first DiRT maybe, but not the sequel nor GRID. If you like racers with **** handling / US events then yeah I can see the appeal...

Whats wrong with US events? I thought grid was awesome.

I want a new OFP, just please dear god make it like the first on. It was one of the best games ever, unlike the latest incarnation of crap.

"They" ( BIS ) did, it's called Armed Assault, then ArmA II, then ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead.

REALLY annoys me how UK companies feel the need to base all their games in the USA. Codemasters is a British company and GRID started out life as Colin McRae Rally who was a Scottish rally driver.

REALLY annoys me how UK companies feel the need to base all their games in the USA. Codemasters is a British company and GRID started out life as Colin McRae Rally who was a Scottish rally driver.

You've got the games mixed up there. GRID is a spiritual sequel to the ToCA Race Driver series, which in turn, followed the original ToCA Touring Car series.

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad those are only target renders. DiRT 2 looks amazing though, blows away pretty much every other racer released even today so I have no doubt they'll be able to get close to those renders.

Too bad those are only target renders. DiRT 2 looks amazing though, blows away pretty much every other racer released even today so I have no doubt they'll be able to get close to those renders.

If they do, I will be super excited. I didn't buy Dirt 1 due to the lame multiplayer aspect of it. Dirt 3 might be my first Dirt purchase.

they were 98% close to their Dirt2's target shot. (read in codemasters forum :p)

they should make cars somewhat heavier & a bit free from gravity.

dirt2 had lighter car which just refuse to leave the ground.

they left ground only in particular spots & drift was same, the car goes into drift mode only around turns.

anyways, hope that dirt3 is as smooth as dirt2, in mid end PCs

they were 98% close to their Dirt2's target shot. (read in codemasters forum :p)

they should make cars somewhat heavier & a bit free from gravity.

dirt2 had lighter car which just refuse to leave the ground.

they left ground only in particular spots & drift was same, the car goes into drift mode only around turns.

anyways, hope that dirt3 is as smooth as dirt2, in mid end PCs

As long as it's not an unrealistic float like Motorstorm. Those vehicles fly and float like they are moon landers.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dragon Rising had a lot of promise and was overall fun but ultimately disappointing...won't be bothering with Red River.