[Fantasy] Neowin Football 2010

Hey guys,

Football season is just about here! I went ahead and set up our league to give everyone plenty of time to get signed up. A few years ago we had a 20 team monster league and it was a blast, so we're going retro this year!

Currently I have the draft setup for August 29 @ 9:00 PM Central Time. I would like to leave it at that date, so try to plan things around it. If you still can't be there, please set up your draft order as best you can.

If you are new this year, be sure that you review the scoring system for this league as it will affect your draft order.

*Please include your Neowin user name somehow into your team name.*

Yahoo League ID: 300643

League Name: Neowin Fantasy Football 2010

Password: nerdsrule

Yahoo Fantasy Football

I re-setup the league guys, it is linked to the previous seasons. The information is as follows:

League ID: 497400

Password: neowin

Edited by Fred Derf

I'm having trouble with it tho...

is this the correct link?

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinprivateleague_league_select

Yes, that is the correct link except that I get this error:

There was a problem

This league is not registered in this game. (Error #272)

Has the league been deleted?

Incidentally, if we need to set up a new league then we might as well reuse the same league that was created in 2004. I'll send a reminder to the old Commish just in case.

That was me...

I re-setup the league guys, it is linked to the previous seasons. The information is as follows:

League ID: 497400

Password: neowin

I dont really care if you use your neowin username in your team name, just put a post or something in this thread with the team name I guess.

Just joined. First year I've done Fantasy Football, but I won't be able to make it for the draft. Will it auto select for me?

Just joined. First year I've done Fantasy Football, but I won't be able to make it for the draft. Will it auto select for me?

There won't be a draft unless we have an even number of players. Last time I checked, that wasn't the case. We'll need either one more player or three to even things out.

Yes, however, the system will autodraft players for you. If you prefer certain players over others (Yahoo has them preranked based on their own opinions) then you can alter the predraft rankings and create you own list. You may want to look over the rankings in advance of the draft.

I've got one more joining then I'll drop the "max team" cap to 8 to essentially lock the league. If another two teams would like to join please post in this thread prior to Sunday and I will increase the team limit.

Live Draft in: 1 day, 6 hours, and 38 minutes.
Your league currently contains an odd number of teams

You must have an even number of teams in order to determine schedule and draft.

We still need one more player to join before the draft. Who's it going to be, you?

Okay, I added a second team to the football league so that we can draft today. Obviously I won't trade players with myself and we'll have to decide what to do when my teams play head to head. Perhaps we'll get someone else to suggest the second team's roster and, failing that, I'll just start whomever has the highest projected totals. Fair?

For those new to fantasy leagues, we can't begin the season with an odd number of players. Prior to this we had seven players.

Oh, If anyone still wants to join then let me know ASAP and I'll delete this team to free up a space for somebody else.

Your live online draft is set for Sun Aug 29 6:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ], which is 2 hours and 11 minutes from now. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early since your draft will start promptly at the assigned time.

I can step down. Heck, I won't even be around for the draft and don't want to take the time to sort the rankings.

Well, a league of only six players wouldn't be that great either. It's a no win situation at the moment.

Edit:

The purpose of coming here was to post... 30 minutes to draft time!

• 4 weeks later...

I can step down. Heck, I won't even be around for the draft and don't want to take the time to sort the rankings.

Rank Team W-L-T

*1. Mathachew's Two Dat 3-0-0

We should have accepted this offer.

:D

:p

I'm surprised I'm doing so well. I feel like I have a good problem with the receivers on my team. I'm now torn between who I start this week, especially between Brady and Vick, as both have the potential to help me keep on winning :D

• 3 weeks later...

Extra team still available? I totally forgot to sign up for a Neowin league this year. (Down to playing only fantasy football from now on.)

Son of a...

I prided myself on my receiver core, but now I'm in quite a bind. Knox, S Smith (CAR) and D Jackson are on bye weeks, and Austin Collie is indefinitely sidelined with his thumb surgery, leaving me with my recently acquired Bowe. I need two receivers and have three high quality QBs (Roethlisberger, Brady, Vick). I am almost desperate to scrounge around for some kind of win. Got some good potentials on the waiver line, but it feels like I'm in too deep of a pit to win out and risk losing some good leverage in my line up.