2006 Charger with 150k miles

i've switched jobs and now i commute about 1 hour to work and was looking for a cheap car to put miles on, then found this 2006 dodge charger looks like new but has 150,000 miles in it already, they want $6,900 for it, is this car any good with that many miles?

Well, the mileage is a bit high (at least the salesman is fair and hasn't re-winded the odometer), but they're tough cars, so the best way to feel it is to drive it for a day. Although I wouldn't recommend you to buy a car for 7k and then give 14k each year only for fuel.

Lot of miles indeed for a 5 years old car, im looking up info about reliability on these cars and found mixed results, some people say they last, some say they are junk, and the whole reason to get it is to put more miles in it, but past 150,000 that engine might not hold up for too long probably?

as for gas it says is rated 27 Hwy, which is already better than what im getting from my current car (18 Hwy)

Those will all be highway miles. The engne won't cause you issues for a long time. You can essentially think of it as 80,000. The tranny should be good too. You might have bearing problems though

150K miles on a 2006 car? That's a lot of mileage! Then again, I know someone who's on the verge of breaking that on his Chevy Aveo (over 100K miles so far and it's an 08) ... if it could last that long, LOL! :D

If I were you, I'd stay away and find something with less than 60K miles (100K km), although I heard Chrysler's large sedans are somewhat decent unlike their small/midsize offerings.

My dad has a 06 Charger and has had the top end of the motor rebuilt 3 times due to the engine knocking and it has less than 80,000 miles on it and he only drives it back and forth to work and has kept it maintained and the correct gas but it still seemed to give problems. Don't get me wrong it's a great car and it's very fun to drive but I would go for a 07 or newer because this was a problem with the standard v6 motor and the 3.5l v6 in the 06 models :) BTW he bought it brand new.