Windows 7 Using a Domain on Secure Website Login

This is a problem that has been bugging me for a while now, and I'm hoping someone on Neowin will be able to help me with it.

Using Internet Explorer on Windows 7 the secure login box has a domain automatically filled in preventing a successful logon to a website. The domain is filled out as the name of my computer. This issue does not occur in Firefox.

Screenshot to illustrate, attempting to access my University email account:

post-281688-1281818834998.png

I have searched the internet for this issue and found many topics where the people replying do not understand the issue and the advice given does not help the problem. The only solution I found which looked like it might work but didn't was setting a blank default domain through Group Policy Editor.

post-281688-12818192853782.png

I wouldn't mind but this issue can also affect remote file access through a home network without a domain.

Thankyou for reading and I really hope someone knows how to fix this issue. :)

You don't need to change the domain that is filled in. It is going to be filled with the name of your computer or the domain your PC is joined to.

If you need to use a different domain to complete login, you can type the login information as "DomainName\UserName" (i.e. StarWars\HanSolo) or "UserName@FullyQualifiedDomainName" (i.e. HanSolo@JediKnights.StarWars.com)

To type the new domain name , just type the domain name before the user name as "<doimain Name>\<domian User>". This will reslove the issue.

Even with putting a .\ before my username it still wants to use my computer name as a domain, and the login fails.

post-281688-12818200736333.jpg

click "use another account"?

You need to find out from your university what the name of the Windows domain name your account is in and use that to login. Have you tried just using your username? I've seen that work more times than not.

As mentioned quite a few times already -- your clearly logging into a exchange server there.. BTW have your school fix their SSL.. If you going to put up a site like that available to the public -- freaking get a valid SSL cert -- got that just annoys the F out if me how can a university be so freaking cheap - self signing ****. Be good for their tech students who normally run this sort of thing for the school how to do it properly ;) hehehe

What domain do you use to log in at Birmingham City University? Or as also just use your full email address to log in..