BFG going into Liquidation?!?

Just had this email for BFG this morning

This email has been sent to inform you that BFG RMA number 992941543, originally

created on Jul 14th 2010, has been cancelled.

BFG Technologies, Inc. is winding down and liquidating its business. Unfortunately our

major supplier would not support our business. As a result we are cancelling your RMA

without being able to repair your product. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have already sent your product it, it will be returned to you.

BFG Technologies, Inc.

14048 Petronella Drive

Libertyville, Illinois 60048

Anyone know anything about this?

It's true. People who have sent their PSU's and GPU's to BFG have received their broken parts back with a letter printed out within the package basically saying the same thing. And Johnny Guru who was someone involved in the operations of BFG up until recently has said it is true.

Really sad. I have two BFG GTX 260's

EDIT:// Also if anyone is wondering who that 'Major Supplier' is -- That would be NVIDIA. Apparntly NVIDIA promised BFG large quantities of the Fermi GPU before it was released (possibly to stop them going ATi like XFX did) but when Fermi finally showed up the quantities that were available (not just to BFG but to all partners) were much much lower than expected. BFG were already on life support waiting for the cards and the rest is history.

This is true, and they are no longer offering any sorts of returns, warranty services or repairs.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/news/video/bfg-tech-sending-rma-denial-letters-winding-business/

Apparently they've been wanting to pull out of making graphics cards for a while now.

http://www.techpowerup.com/122610/BFG_Tech_Announces_Exit_From_Graphics_Card_Category_Continues_On_With_PSUs_and_PCs.html

This is what you get when you put a "lifetime warranty" on your products.

The Lifetime Warranty didn't take them down it was the lack of products to sell and their own ineptitude to diversify their offerings. Look at EVGA, they offer 10 year warranties just like BFG but they also sell Motherboards, Power Units, Displays, Networking Cards, Remote IP KVM systems on top of the Graphics Cards. XFX are also quite diverse, they offer 10 year warranty but they now sell ATi cards so that they will always have the latest and greatest to sell regardless of whose producing.

The next one down the chain still needs to take care of your RMA if the manfucturer goes bust

Manufacturer->Supplier->dealer

The dealer is the one who in the end needs to make sure you get your broken stuff fixed or repaired if the manufacturer can't/won't do it.

it's a damn shame. but other nvidia aib partners are still doing well so i doubt it's nvdiia's fault.

i head BFG was going to focus on other areas of business, based on articles at tom's and hwc.

i recently bought a bfg 250 because it was the only one at the local staples. didn't even bother to see if it needed registered due to knowing they had already had pulled out of the graphics business. saw this coming some time ago.

NO! I loved BFG and their products and have never had an issues. Now what if I have an issue with their GTX 280 OC2 that I bought a year and a half ago?

Stupid nVidia.

NO! I loved BFG and their products and have never had an issues. Now what if I have an issue with their GTX 280 OC2 that I bought a year and a half ago?

Stupid nVidia.

Then your retailer still needs to cover your warranty on the product they sold.

It's been coming for a while. See the article on Guru3d about it.

Link?

Then your retailer still needs to cover your warranty on the product they sold.

Tigerdirect will 100% have to? For the next 10 years or w/e?

they may not need to cover factory warranty, but I think they do. but they should need to cover what we call reclamation over here, wich is the legally mandated factory fault warranty.