There are 9 chapters, so yes, you're almost there. Co-op really doesn't spoil anything in the singleplayer.

After you beat the singleplayer, I recommend going through and finding all the Easter eggs Valve's thrown in there that others have found (and uploaded to Youtube or wherever). There's just so many! :laugh:

I did Co-op first then SP. Didn't really have that much of a tie in to be fair expect for one short cut scene right at the end.

Yeah, it's not much, but as coop is designed to take place after sp, it can give away some clues.

There are 9 chapters, so yes, you're almost there. Co-op really doesn't spoil anything in the singleplayer.

After you beat the singleplayer, I recommend going through and finding all the Easter eggs Valve's thrown in there that others have found (and uploaded to Youtube or wherever). There's just so many! :laugh:

Also, chapter 9 is the boss fight which isn't very long. Chapter 8 is really the last big chapter. Once you get close to chapter 8 you are getting close to the end.

How is everyone finishing the single player so quickly? I've put in a good number of hours in the single player so far (granted a few of those hours are inflated to get achievements) but some puzzles really require me to take my time and think about what's going on with a lot of trial and error. I guess some people have more of a natural knack at these puzzles than I do.

the loadings are so short, though. don't have any problem with them :p

but when there are games like call of duty or medal of honour where yuo dont see loading (its done through briefing screens i think), valve could have done something like that as well...ride in elevator with some nice music :D

but when there are games like call of duty or medal of honour where yuo dont see loading (its done through briefing screens i think), valve could have done something like that as well...ride in elevator with some nice music :D

I'd take a source engine loading screen over a mass effect elevator scene any day :D

Cool thanks for the heads up. (Y)

I would only have about 2 hours to play if I can indeed play, so as you said not much to worry about as far as beating it, at least speaking for myself :laugh: . The most important thing to me is playing the CoOp with someone who has also not played it so we both have fresh eyes so to speak, so if I take the risk of ruining some of the story in order to play with someone else who has not played it yet, I can live with that. But again thanks for the heads up, it is good to know.

tonight probably won't work. finish SP, i got hockey playoffs to watch anyways...

How is everyone finishing the single player so quickly? I've put in a good number of hours in the single player so far (granted a few of those hours are inflated to get achievements) but some puzzles really require me to take my time and think about what's going on with a lot of trial and error. I guess some people have more of a natural knack at these puzzles than I do.

one puzzle toke me almost thirty minutes to figure out, i was getting CHOKED

the one you were you have to up the giant high rise to get narrow tunnel with the moondust, chapter 8 i think, that entire sequence toke me a while

I'd take a source engine loading screen over a mass effect elevator scene any day :D

lol yeah me too

Maybe because playing #1 gives you are head start in terms of portal thinking. I mean, I don't think about puzzles anymore. I just do and experiment. I find if I start to let myself think about a particular puzzle, I get stuck in trying to fix it in my head. This is no good. I just open a portal and do it.

Maybe because playing #1 gives you are head start in terms of portal thinking. I mean, I don't think about puzzles anymore. I just do and experiment. I find if I start to let myself think about a particular puzzle, I get stuck in trying to fix it in my head. This is no good. I just open a portal and do it.

I finished the first portal more than 5 times. On xbox, PC, and Mac. Did nothing to prepare me for some of the puzzles in portal 2 though.

Honestly, sometimes I get "stuck" in "Portal 1" mode. If I think too hard about how I would solve the puzzle in the first game I might end up being stuck. Then I have to turn off the game, step back, and approach it in a different perspective.

Check it out

That's my kind of merchandise :heart:

thats awesome. now if it was made of glossy plastic instead of fur i might get one :D

haah but if it takes the same ammount of time tehre is no diffference. besides valve could have made some cool sequences during elevator rides...like showing more of the crumbling facility. + you would get a more streamlined gameplay.

I was thinking about picking up this game but I don't know which platform I should buy Portal 2 on. I have a PC that is suitable for higher end gaming, a 360 as well as a PS3.

I'm in space.

"yes we know, you are in space"... SPAAAAAAAAACE

I was thinking about picking up this game but I don't know which platform I should buy Portal 2 on. I have a PC that is suitable for higher end gaming, a 360 as well as a PS3.

ps3, then you get it for both PC and PS3 via steamworks. i just got it for PC because i found it for 40ish canadian :) and if you don't care about morals, buy it for PS3, link the account and sell the ps3 copy.

Finished it.

Maybe it's because I'm not a huge Half-Life and associated alternate future fan but I thought it was only ok. I can see why people would love it but it's just not my style of game. Thought the last puzzle of chapter 8 was easily the toughest of the game, imo, but other than that not many actually puzzled me for too long.

I've been the puzzle solver in my family since I was young, not trying to say I'm great at puzzles (though I have more of an interest in them and am quicker at solving them than my own family), but the longest I was ever stuck on any one puzzle was 15 minutes or so, all the others took less than 10.

tonight probably won't work. finish SP, i got hockey playoffs to watch anyways...

one puzzle toke me almost thirty minutes to figure out, i was getting CHOKED

the one you were you have to up the giant high rise to get narrow tunnel with the moondust, chapter 8 i think, that entire sequence toke me a while

lol yeah me too

Okay cool man, that works out anyway it turns out. If anything hit me up with a PM one of these days when you can maybe play and I will let you know.

As far as getting stuck, I can say only 1 puzzle stumped me so far, and it actually did not stump me, I knew what I had to do, just was not executing it correctly. I am actually pretty shocked at how I have not really been stumped yet, I thought the first Portal was more challenging overall.

Okay cool man, that works out anyway it turns out. If anything hit me up with a PM one of these days when you can maybe play and I will let you know.

As far as getting stuck, I can say only 1 puzzle stumped me so far, and it actually did not stump me, I knew what I had to do, just was not executing it correctly. I am actually pretty shocked at how I have not really been stumped yet, I thought the first Portal was more challenging overall.

I think 2 is much easier than 1, but after doing the Advanced Levels in 1, everything is pretty easy.

I got stumped on the level with the three turrets behind the glass on the right (as you enter the chamber) where you had to

use the goo to drop on them to take them out

but other than that, no problem.

For me the game play and story were too easy and short, add a few elements and some

Bioshock -> the "70's stuff and Cave's dialog" and some really simple plot twists which you see coming a long long LONG way away.

sounds good.

honestly i approach this game like i'm troubleshooting ish in real life. when i get stumped somewhere for like 10 minutes. i turn off the game, do somehting else, shoot back in there and usually figure it out in the first three seconds because i realize something that i missed before.

i love this game, i can't wait to hit up coop. game of the year from me so far.

As I've said, I think I might've taken way too long on puzzles because I was most likely thinking of how I would solve it in the first Portal. Maybe because I've played the first portal way too many times, especially since they gave it away for free a few months back. And honestly it's not more stuck, than finally achieving an "ah-ha" moment of how to pull them off. And a lot of the times it was because I just didn't notice a spot to shoot a portal at. I just know I didn't really have to think too hard with solving the puzzles the in the first game. I just know I'm well past the "4-6 hours" everyone is saying they completed the game in.

Also, I know trying to complete Test Chamber 8 in 70 seconds took me well over an hour.

These were the ones I was having trouble with:

1. The one where you have to line up the light markers from two different levels and the aerial plate in the middle

2. The one where you had to fall down the elevator shaft

3. The one where you had to use the blue repulsion gel from a few rooms back to bounce up the bridge

3. The one where you had several platforms and had to use blue and orange gels in a specific order

I did spend about 10 minutes wondering how to get the "Preservation of Mass Achievement" and trying different things I knew wouldn't work. At some point I looked up the solution and I rarely felt more dumb.

However, getting through the levels was overall quite easy. Portal 1 had tougher levels (and easier ones). The only place I really got stuck is

the large room where I think you hear Cave Johnson for the first time, and you have to make a momentum jump to a particular platform to continue. I just didn't see where you were supposed to place the exit portal.

I find that sort of puzzle rather frustrating.

I did spend about 10 minutes wondering how to get the "Preservation of Mass Achievement" and trying different things I knew wouldn't work. At some point I looked up the solution and I rarely felt more dumb.

However, getting through the levels was overall quite easy. Portal 1 had tougher levels (and easier ones). The only place I really got stuck is

the large room where I think you hear Cave Johnson for the first time, and you have to make a momentum jump to a particular platform to continue. I just didn't see where you were supposed to place the exit portal.

I find that sort of puzzle rather frustrating.

their were some puzzles that the way i figured out an escape route is by shooting all over the room at anything that was white...