Well Valve still get a sale, so I don't see what your issue is. :blink:

The person who got the trade in copy would miss out on the PC copy of the game.

That's if the store buys it back or accepts it, a lot won't do it if there's a chance the serial has been used.

The person who got the trade in copy would miss out on the PC copy of the game.

That's if the store buys it back or accepts it, a lot won't do it if there's a chance the serial has been used.

You're mistaking me for someone who cares. :p

Hmm well in that case there is always eBay and other such places to sell it. :)

Might not make all the money back, but even if I just lose out on a tenner I'm still getting Portal 2 for dirt cheap.

I just checked, the trade in value on Amazon for the PS3 version is $28 right now. Makes zero mention of the card with the PC serial having to be included.

Which is why I am doing it. :laugh:

(Y)

I am sure Valve are not stupid and absolutely anticipated that this would happen and still decided to do it.

Yet you all wouldn't complain if I bought the PS3 copy, still linked it up to my Steam thus using the PC copy, completed it in 1 or 2 days and then traded it in anyway because I won't play it again?

Yet you all wouldn't complain if I bought the PS3 copy, still linked it up to my Steam thus using the PC copy, completed it in 1 or 2 days and then traded it in anyway because I won't play it again?
But you would play it on the PC. If you just wanted it for the PC, then why didn't you buy it for PC when it was at ?26.99.

But you would play it on the PC. If you just wanted it for the PC, then why didn't you buy it for PC when it was at ?26.99.

Because.... I want local co-op with my mate on a big TV?

anyone know the trick to the puzzle with the three lasers and two reflector cube thingys?

not sure if I know which one you mean...

But I think it's the one where you open one portal at the spot where the laser points at an angle and the other opposite of where it's supposed to hit...the 3 sockets, or whatever they are called. That'll connect one of them. then just use the cubes to direct the others through the portal into sockets.

I think that's how it's done :unsure:

How that take effect immediately or do is require a restart of the game?

Tried it and everything looked the same.

Probably because mat_picmip -10 was locked out, lowest value is -1.

It was done a while back in TF2, probably also carried over in P2 too.

Valve should just link the PS3 version to the Steam account aswell, and allow people who own Portal 2 on a PS3 Steam account to download it on the PC aswell, but from the exact same Steam account. Not sure if this complies with Sony's rules as it would mean that you can't sell on the game or return it when you used the key, but it'd fix their problem.

Portal 2 is a great game. Show some respect for the people who developed it. I don't care much about EA and some other really big companies that just release crappy games all the time, but Valve is one of the good guys. They support other game developers, especially indie games, their own games are of very high quality, and they're just good in general.

Yup, back on topic...

Just throwing this out there: I think Portal 2 has a much better story and flow than Half-Life 2. As I've said before, Half-Life 2 is my favorite first-person shooter (and probably favorite game, period), but Portal 2 really doesn't have any boring moments. After playing it, I think I'm more excited than ever to see the quality of game Half-Life 3 ends up being.

That said, Valve really needs to update their technology more. Love the look of the Source engine, but the levels either need background loading or something, because the loading screens in Source have always been its downfall. It's really showing its age, but it still looks pretty good.