'Translate' these PC instructions to OS X

Helping my friend re-install Diablo II on Mac OS X; everything but Battle.net is working, Blizzard sent us PC instructions and is having an issue with sending them for the Mac platform. So, I'm currently @ the TCP/IP tab in Airport. Help me accomplish this on the mac:

1. Click on Start->Settings->Control Panel

2. Open Network

3. Select the "TCP/IP" Protocol for your network interface card.

4. Click the Properties button

5. Select the IP Address tab

6. Select "Specify an IP address"

7. Enter 255.255.255.0 for the subnet mask

8. Enter 192.168.0.x for the IP address, where "x" is a numerical digit (use "1" for the first computer, "2" for the next, etc).

9. Click the OK button

10. Click the next OK button

Reboot each system, and then try the open TCP/IP game.

I don't see how those instructions would work even on a pc. What if your network is 192.168.1.0? There are deeper issues like the computer isn't even getting an IP address from DHCP.

1. Click Apple -> System Preferences...

2. Click Network

3. Select your Network type (be it Ethernet, AirPort, FireWire etc)

4. Click 'Advanced'

5. Where it says 'Configure IPv4', change the option to Manually

7. Enter 255.255.255.0 for the subnet mask

8. Enter 192.168.0.x for the IPv4 address, where "x" is a numerical digit (use "1" for the first computer, "2" for the next, etc).

9. Click the OK button

10. Done. Close the Network and System Preferences Windows.

I believe that is accurately translated, but I don't see how it would make a difference.

You're almost done. You need to change the "Configure IPv4" dropdown to "Manually", then you can fill in the rest as described in the above instructions.

post-26908-12832709179198.jpg

Click on Advanced. See screenshot for the rest. Note however, Blizzard is assuming your network is 192.168.0.X. If it isn't you will of course select an IP that is within the same subnet as your router.

post-11001-12832707637596.png

I don't see how those instructions would work even on a pc. What if your network is 192.168.1.0? There are deeper issues like the computer isn't even getting an IP address from DHCP.

This.

I don't see how manually setting your IP address would fix anything.

Those instructions seem to be putting the two computers in their own subnet so they can play together locally.

Those instructions seem to be putting the two computers in their own subnet so they can play together locally.

Ah, that's a possibility, though it's pretty weird. :p

"Enter 192.168.0.x for the IP address, where "x" is a numerical digit (use "1" for the first computer, "2" for the next, etc)."

Yeah since they don't mention a gateway or dns, they must be for local playing.. No possible ways those instructions would allow a computer to access the internet, even if the the router was in the 192.168.1.0/24 network.