(insert game name) official forums are annoying

seriously i have the worst experiance when i join a forum that is owned by the company making the game. i join the treyarch call of duty forums for black ops make one post and nothing but trolls reply telling me to use the search function even though i searched to see if their was a topic on it already and none existed... its the same on most other sites i join too that are run by a game developer :no:

search function trolls are really annoying i agree, especially how thread necromancy is generally frowned upon in most forums.

i generally dislike when game devs or their reps try to be funny in official forums on issues the players are passionate about, or when they excessively rp in their posts to the detriment of actually getting the important info across so players have to decipher what they're really saying. there are few other pet peeves i have about official forums.

though fansites can be just as bad.

At first I thought this was a rant over Neowin GH [Official] topics :laugh:

Yeah company owned forums are the worst. Good source of info sometimes but I never take part in them personally, at least unless there's a particular reason I have to. I think BF1943 was the last time I did due to the connection problems it had.

Totally agree, the Bohemia Interactive forums actually made me hate my favourite game, Arma II.

The ignorance, the inability to see reason or their ass backwards attitude to change really push me to the verge of a minor depression.

At first I thought this was a rant over Neowin GH [Official] topics :laugh:

Yeah company owned forums are the worst. Good source of info sometimes but I never take part in them personally, at least unless there's a particular reason I have to. I think BF1943 was the last time I did due to the connection problems it had.

Same here lol. Was coming in about to be like, "But it groups things up and makes it easy to find! :p"

But ya, I don't join any companies forums, and have even been banned from steams forums for some reason I forgot about and was like 8 years ago lol. I think it was for my sig saying something, but ya, company forums usually suck in general.

You have to laugh at the Steam TF2 forums though, new blog post hits, about a pagefull of topics on the same subject gets posted a second afterwards. It's funny.

I totally agree. I played WoW for 4 years and visited the official forums I think a grand total of twice. The problem with "official" forums is that you have 2 types of users that are the majority: the extreme fanboys and the entitleds. Any normal user gets drowned in the flood of topics about how everything the dev does is wrong or how the game is perfect in every way and anybody who says otherwise is clearly trolling.

I totally agree. I played WoW for 4 years and visited the official forums I think a grand total of twice. The problem with "official" forums is that you have 2 types of users that are the majority: the extreme fanboys and the entitleds. Any normal user gets drowned in the flood of topics about how everything the dev does is wrong or how the game is perfect in every way and anybody who says otherwise is clearly trolling.

i wasa regular on the server forum for my rp pvp forum and all the rpers hated everyone who didn't kiss their ass or world pvped. any kiond of rp that wasn't entirely in ine with lore was hated on, any rp in the forums was hated on despite rp alts on the forums, anything that wasn't in line with the most active forum trolls was hated on.

My favorite is when you make a topic and people storm in to tell you to use the search function or link you to the old topic but if you post in the old topic the same people will storm in asking why you're bumping old threads.

I've had reasonable success when I've posted in the Steam forums but I've only posted in the game specific ones rather than GD or Tech.

Worst forums I've ever used were for Tiger Woods golf.

:angry: