LindowsOS

Anyone heard anything about the start-up company Lindows.com and their new operating system LindowsOS which they say can run windows applications "natively" or out of the box without the use of WINE or such while at the same time functioning much like windows (look and feel and ease of use of course). Any information would be nice since I haven't noticed Lindows.com being updated in the last few days.

Yes, MS is suing Lindows. There reason is the supposed copyright infringement on the MS name. I think that Lindows has some REAL possibility and that MS has been caught off guard.

Lindows.com is offering a sneak preview of the software for 99 dollars with a free upgrade to the final version and everything between that. Just thought you might want to know.

they always want to get their way...even if it means law suits...

--------

Apple doesn't mind suing companies *cough* Microsoft because the company is more prosperous than them. Apple even goes as far as to rob a million dollars worth of computers from poor schools because MS was gonna give the stuff to them(apple is afraid of losing thier monopoly in school).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lindows.com is offering a sneak preview of the software for 99 dollars with a free upgrade to the final version and everything between that. Just thought you might want to know.

----------------

BWAHAHAHAHA! $99 for a preview of an OS that may not even make it? Hell you can get the Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade and run Windows apps for that price. I thought anything based on the Linux kernel was supposed to be distributed as a free download(you can buy a CD if you want to).

I thought anything based on the Linux kernel was supposed to be distributed as a free download(you can buy a CD if you want to).
Nope. It's not nesessary that everything that based on Linux must be free. Linux kernel itself is free (under GPL license). Anything more than that is up to that particular software company :D

I subscribed to their mailing list because I just can't wait for the release of this OS! Once it's out, I'm buying it so I can finally have the option to use two OSes in one! :D No more hardware issues, I hope, and I won't have to put up with Micros*it any longer! :D

BWAHAHAHAHA! $99 for a preview of an OS that may not even make it? Hell you can get the Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade and run Windows apps for that price.

Whoa Let me get this straight I can have the upgrade to Windows XP Home Edition or a full functioning OS with Linux and Windows support. Hmm, which is better ? Come on Windows XP Home Edition sucks

Cyberscope and Tom Servo, this is not the thread to be taking about Wine! This is meant to discuss about Lindows! So could you please not drive this thread off-topic again?

Thank you for your co-operation.