UFC 124: Georges St-Pierre vs. Josh Koscheck II

Perhaps it will end in a fluke like BJ vs Hughes last "fight" but I really don't think Koscheck stands a chance.

Fluke? Thats exactly what BJ was first known for, his fast hands and KO power..

Can anyone else remember the last time GSP stood up and fought in a fight, since he started wrestling most his fights have been a bore fest. I want to see Koscheck beat on him a little bit just so we can see the old GSP.. It is going to be an exciting fight, and that is an awesome promo :D

The promo is absolutely awesome.

I'll agree with you on that.

It won't end with one punch that's for sure. GSP is the superior athlete and he will beat Koscheck.

Well, anything can happen. The Serra fight showed that. But I do think that GSP will out wrestle Koscheck again. Maybe a boring fight, but that's what it takes to win.

I'll agree with you on that.

Well, anything can happen. The Serra fight showed that. But I do think that GSP will out wrestle Koscheck again. Maybe a boring fight, but that's what it takes to win.

Thats ALL i think about when it comes to a GSP fight, you KNOW its going to happen, he used to be exciting.. Im quietly rooting for Koscheck ;) but shh.. :shifty:

Thats ALL i think about when it comes to a GSP fight, you KNOW its going to happen, he used to be exciting.. Im quietly rooting for Koscheck ;) but shh.. :shifty:

Koschecks just as boring as GSP, although hopefully GSP wont be able to take Koscheck down then it should be a decent match hope GSP wins just because Koscheck is a bully.

I wouldnt say that, maybe when he first started yeah because all he could do was wrestle, but now he's got the stand up game.. His last fight i will agree though was pretty boring, he just grabbed hold of Daley and held him so he couldnt get hit, no wonder Daley tried to hit him after haha.. But a couple of his fights before that he won by KO, a sick head kick if i remember correctly.. More please :)

Can't wait for this fight. Kos is the only one with good enough wrestling to put St. Pierre on his ass.

WHAT?! You mean he's the only one underhanded enough to cheat in front of everyone. And lucky enough to get away with it.

I wouldnt say that, maybe when he first started yeah because all he could do was wrestle, but now he's got the stand up game.. His last fight i will agree though was pretty boring, he just grabbed hold of Daley and held him so he couldnt get hit, no wonder Daley tried to hit him after haha.. But a couple of his fights before that he won by KO, a sick head kick if i remember correctly.. More please :)

How about if he fakes a knee again?

Argghh, why do i always think UFC is on a week or so before its actually on, ive been waiting for this all week.. I could've sworn it was on Dec 4th!

That's the TUF Finale.

MONTREAL -- There are 22 fighters on the UFC 124 card, but as far as most people are concerned, only two matter. UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre and challenger Josh Koscheck are the stars of the show, and after a fight week filled with back and forth, the pair finally took to the scale in their last official act before stepping into the cage for their rematch.

After weighing in at the welterweight championship limit of 170 pounds, an animated St. Pierre boldly stated that his constant antagonist would go down hard, before a screaming throng of fans collected at the Bell Centre.

"Tomorrow, the bully will be bullied," St. Pierre said, making the motion of holding the title belt around his waist."

St. Pierre bounded up the steps to the cage to weigh in, not even stopping to pose for the crowd as he seemed in a rush to confront his challenger. After they both weighed in, he stood toe to toe with Koscheck in a pre-fight pose as the two chattered back and forth.

It was an uncustomary reaction for St. Pierre, who has seemed more eager than usual to engage Koscheck verbally during fight week. But come fight night, St. Pierre said he'll be the one calling the shots.

"I'm motivated but I'm going to fight smart, you know," St. Pierre said. "He tries to put me off track. That's what he wants. I'm not going to do it. I'm going to kick his ass tomorrow."

Koscheck, who checked in at 169 pounds, reveled in the serenade of boos that came his way at his appearance.

"The talk is over," he said to the Montreal fans. "He's got to represent all you guys booing. Thanks for coming out, but tomorrow night, I'm going to put Georges St. Pierre to sleep."

Main Card

Georges St. Pierre (170) vs. Josh Koscheck (169)

Sean McCorkle (264) vs. Stefan Struve (253)

Mac Danzig (156) vs. Joe Stevenson (155.5)

Thiago Alves (171) vs. John Howard (171)

Jim Miller (155) vs. Charles Oliveira (153.5)

Preliminary Card

Mark Bocek (155.5) vs. Dustin Hazelett (155)

Joe Doerksen (185.5) vs. Dan Miller (184.5)

Sean Pierson (170.5) vs. Matthew Riddle (170.5)

Jesse Bongfeldt (185.5) vs. Rafael Natal (185)

Ricardo Almeida (170.5) vs. T.J. Grant (170)

Pat Audinwood (156) vs. John Makdessi (155)

lol @rajput

I really hope i'm not wrong, but i have TOTAL confidence in GSP now, there was a while where i didn't, but he's unstoppable. I would love to see GSP out wrestle him again, and THEN KO him. People talk all this stuff about Kos's standup, but to be honest i think Alves and Hardy were better stand up guys, and GSP completely dominated them both.

if you think koschek is going to win you should just do society a favour now and kill yourself because you are too dumb to live

I seem to remember similar sentiment right before Matt Sera KO'd GSP....... not saying it's going to happen but you never know.

What were the odds on Sera vs GSP anyway, better or worse than Kosh vs GSP?

Ok for all the GSP haters out there that will undoubtedly complain that GSP didn't finish this fight need to kindly eat a big one. You complained and whined continuously that all GSP does is lay and pray, so GSP comes into this fight and for 5 rounds he outstrikes one of the top strikers in the division, and people are still complaining that the fight was boring. If you thought that fight was boring, you are an uneducated whining ass, and should not be watching any UFC, EVER !!!!