(mac) What does the "i" stand for?

:huh: Maybe I'm just an idiot over-looking something very obvious to any other avid Mac user, but what in the heck does the "i" stand for in Apple's naming conventions. (i.e., iMac, iTunes, etc...)

:ninja: Please don't flame me, I was just wondering. :alien:

:huh: Maybe I'm just an idiot over-looking something very obvious to any other avid Mac user, but what in the heck does the "i" stand for in Apple's naming conventions. (i.e., iMac, iTunes, etc...)

:ninja: Please don't flame me, I was just wondering. :alien:

I think the original intent behind the "i" was "internet"....iMac being the first. Since then it's obviously changed meanings. I think it means "my". My tunes, my movie, my calender, my chat. I dunno. Just a guess....I guess.

lol I love the replies in this thread.

Hehe yep, it could be another of those One Word threads :)

this one is like that not-too-old question "What does X mean in Microsoft's hardware/software like windows Xp, Xbox, directX"

the answer is prolly the easiest out of the lot... means nothin ;-) it's just a marketting trick to categorise/classify products... its the same reason i.e we see CuteFTP, CuteMap CuteThis CuteTheOther...

/Raptor

this one is like that not-too-old question "What does X mean in Microsoft's hardware/software like windows Xp, Xbox, directX"

the answer is prolly the easiest out of the lot... means nothin ;-) it's just a marketting trick to categorise/classify products... its the same reason i.e we see CuteFTP, CuteMap CuteThis CuteTheOther...

/Raptor

you're wrong. XP means experience

/Raptor

the X in XP is not meant as an abbreviated letter, rather the entire symbol XP stands for eXPerience

I'll take another try:

i stands for infertile

/Raptor

So I own an Experience Bo Experience?

/Raptor

So I own an Experience Bo Experience?

omg

NO, when the letter X is used in ADDITION to XP, the SYMBOL "XP" stands for eXPerience.