Microsoft up, Apple down.

It's called marketing... the only people that get offended are fanboys...

haha, really? I find it funny when someone disagrees you rush to call people fanboys.

The news, online sites, and consumers from BOTH sides had issues with Apple bashing the competition. Not just fans of the product/company being bashed.

Google also stated that they have no intention of getting in the mobile market, and yet here they are...

Things changes as consumer needs change. Who cares. Google is trying to do something different and has stated this several times. Time will tell if they will make do on what they said, or if they are talking out of their asses as well.

haha, really? I find it funny when someone disagrees you rush to call people fanboys.

The news, online sites, and consumers from BOTH sides had issues with Apple bashing the competition. Not just fans of the product/company being bashed.

I guess you are taking this personally... I said fanboys get offended because they take these commercials personally.

Can you post a link where a news company has been talking about the negative aspect of these commercials?

Things changes as consumer needs change. Who cares. Google is trying to do something different and has stated this several times. Time will tell if they will make do on what they said, or if they are talking out of their asses as well.

So now things change and Google can do what they want and not what they say?

The point is that Google is doing exactly the same thing as Apple and any other corporation is, they are increasing their shareholders value. It's funny when you justify one company's decision over another but they are basicly doing the same thing.

Around 99% of Google earnings are derived from advertisements... yes, ads.

So say goodbye to your personal information as Google sells it to its advertisers.

You might have read it lately about Google snooping WiFi connections and collecting personal information about its users, yet not too many are complaining so far.

I like having choices and I choose not to use all of Google's products.

I feel better about Microsoft than I have for a long time. They seem to be on track these days and they have way more hits than they do misses. To me, comparing Apple and Microsoft is like comparing apples and oranges (pun intended) even though they do compete on many levels. Both has their place and there is certainly room for both. However, with Apple you get the total package (hardware and software) while MS is traditional thought of as a software company, though that is changing somewhat thanks to the XBox.

This.

I guess you are taking this personally... I said fanboys get offended because they take these commercials personally.

Can you post a link where a news company has been talking about the negative aspect of these commercials?

I am not going to dig up crap that is almost a year old. Do your own research. Anyone who has been paying attention to these things would know that the news online/TV, tech articles, and consumers from both sides had issues with Apple's bashing.

So now things change and Google can do what they want and not what they say?

The point is that Google is doing exactly the same thing as Apple and any other corporation is, they are increasing their shareholders value. It's funny when you justify one company's decision over another but they are basicly doing the same thing.

So its bad for google to say they wouldnt enter the mobile market and they did...really? Whats bad about that?

Around 99% of Google earnings are derived from advertisements... yes, ads.

When did we get on this subject? Apple has ads as well, they also charge more for their products to make money. So instead of charging a but load of crap for their products, Google has more ads. And there are no ads on Androids if you buy a paid app...only the free ones.

You might have read it lately about Google snooping WiFi connections and collecting personal information about its users, yet not too many are complaining so far.

I like having choices and I choose not to use all of Google's products.

Google has been cleared of wifi snooping charges....next.

XP was the biggest joke in history. Popular it was, safe and solid it was not. Slow, buggy and more holes that Swiss cheese. I shudder when I hear people are still using it!

Vista slightly cleaned up Microsoft's reputation (a rock-solid product with poor device support at the start), but the real revolution came with Windows 7. Microsoft are on a roll releasing great products after great products... Windows 7, Office 2010, IE9, WP7 etc.

I also love my iPhone (and my previous iPod and iPod Nano before that). Apple provide fantastic product support and Apple Stores are unlike anything else on the high street.

Really? I'd struggle to agree with that. Care to provide any examples?

Yeah, I realised what I'd said about 20 minutes after I posted. I completely forgot about all the other software that MS do.

:$

XP was the biggest joke in history. Popular it was, safe and solid it was not. Slow, buggy and more holes that Swiss cheese. I shudder when I hear people are still using it!

Vista slightly cleaned up Microsoft's reputation (a rock-solid product with poor device support at the start), but the real revolution came with Windows 7. Microsoft are on a roll releasing great products after great products... Windows 7, Office 2010, IE9, WP7 etc.

Finally, someone agrees with me! :laugh:

hahaha, whatever. I refute your comment and prove it to be false and you come back with redundant. :rolleyes:

I am done...haha.

I like your winning argument... "Go and do your own research"

Wow.. bravooo, you win!

Please click on your username and then click on View My Posts... Now go and count how many time you've typed up the same "argument" about Apple....

You use slander and some imaginary "facts" to prove your anti Apple points...

Sometimes it makes me laugh and sometimes i just feel like .... "Not again......." :no:

Anyhow, arguing with a funboy is like trying to walk through a brick wall... or like teaching evolution to a creationist

+1

yeah reporter... typo....

try again... i will vote for you.

I think it's a staff decision. I don't think members get a say with who becomes a news reporter. I really appreciate the compliment though. :)

As it has been mentioned before Microsoft is a good company, they put out great products. However Microsoft's problem is when they have no competition. If there is no competition Microsoft quickly gets complacent, and release any old thing. However you push Microsoft they usually come back with some good stuff.

Although as it has been said before, for Apple to succeed Microsoft doesn't have to fail.

Seems you're saying Vista was better than XP? Vista blue screens every 3 seconds.

I used Vista since release and didn't experience blue screens every 3 seconds.

Care to back it up?

I used Vista since release and didn't experience blue screens every 3 seconds.

Care to back it up?

Lol. :laugh:

I was unaware you took such exaggerations seriously.

so you have nothing to back it up and say it's an exaggertaion?

got it :rofl: ;)

The point was with the experience I've had with Vista it blue screens a LOT. I've family with sorting their computers out after Vista has blue screened them and I just had to say in the end, upgrade to 7.

The best thing Microsoft does is the Xbox, which is a closed system that they control. It's very similar to the way iOS works. Provide a great user experience, and enough applications, and the consumer stops caring about how open the system is. It's, in part, why a lot of OSX users are ok with not being able to upgrade/DYI Apple computers.

That said, I'm impressed by Windows 7, and it has been selling well, but as more devices and systems go fully online, I think there will be less of a need for a PC as we have them now. While netbooks and the like aren't there yet, the proliferation of smart phones and tablet devices will shift consumers away from the box PC / laptop with OS that we have now. That's my theory, and I think it will be interesting to see what Microsoft's plans for Windows 8 are. Vista was a failure because the device support was so bad, and if they ever released an OS that half baked now that people expect their device/OS to "just work", they'd take a massive market share hit.

It's, in part, why a lot of OSX users are ok with not being able to upgrade/DYI Apple computers.

The other part would be that the average PC user doesn't upgrade his/her computer ever (short from maybe adding more memory) and just goes out to get a new one if and when required. Be it a Mac or PC user.