So I'm eating 2 week expired hot dogs

Expired food is amazing when it tastes just like the non-expired stuff :cool:

Makes you wonder how accurate those dates are. Probably very accurate for milk and dairy, not so much for meat pre-cooked and covered in sodium nitrites.

Tinned stuff probably will be fine for ages after the date... but they do seem to have a very long expire date on them to start with so I dont know

I eat bread until it turns blue, but not much else, it all goes to the birds the day after expiry

Makes you wonder how accurate those dates are. Probably very accurate for milk and dairy, not so much for meat pre-cooked and covered in sodium nitrites.

Milk actually usually has a "Sell By" date not an Expiration date. Milk stays good for 3-4 days past the stamped date on the carton (that is unless its specifically an expiration date which is more rare), and the same thing carries over to most other foods.

Really you just need to check food after its expiration date before consuming it, you can usually smell/feel/taste (just a small amount) and tell whether food is bad or not, but rarely any food actually goes bad on the date stamped on it, it typically lasts a few days longer than that.

EDIT: Now, I wouldn't go drinking milk 2 weeks after the stamped date, but it smells and tastes fine 2-3 days after it stamped date, so why not use it instead of throwing it out?

Anything frozen can last a surprisingly long amount of time. The less air circulation, the longer it will go (which makes a deep freeze an excellent piece of equipment to keep handy). Firing up the last batch of smokies from the fall come spring? Just need some fresh bread!

Milk is good a few days afterwards unless it smells funky or looks chunky. Cheese isn't expired until there's nothing left after removing the mold. Yogurt will go bad whenever it feels like it - weeks before or after the day. Sour cream is anybody's guess; I can't even tell if it's bad until it goes for an intestinal speedrun. :pinch:

As for Pizza; I don't think I've ever seen it go bad. It just keeps losing its moisture until it's a dried and preserved product like a box of croutons. :rofl:

If we're talking about the tinned ones then they'll be as bout as good as when they were first made.

2 Weeks? I mock your puny ways mortal!

I did eat the fishsticks btw.

Obviously I'm no match to the man who ate a 10 yr old pizza :rofl:

But I'm working on it!

By the way, they were not tinned hot-dogs, they were in a plastic/wrapped package but they did smell and taste great. mmmmmmmmmmm, processed random meat parts.