The Ultimate Fighter: Team GSP vs. Team Koscheck

It has begun. In antecipation for UFC 124, the 12th season of TUF is upon us. Here are the preliminary results for the house picks (my comments in bold):

# Jonathan Brookins

# Alex Caceres (Yager-Liter. Probably going out soon)

# Sako Chivitchian

# Michael Johnson

# Jeff Lentz (Big attitude problem but otherwise a good fighter)

# Sevak Magakian (Judo power in this one, good counter for the wrestlefests)

# Andy Main

# Cody McKenzie (my first pick for winning this. Tough as nails.)

# Spencer Paige

# Nam Phan (Pretty weak for a guy who's been into martial arts all of his life)

# Dane Sayers (Good fight but weak gas, a bit of a dodgy chin. This season's Cris McKray)

# Marc Stevens

# Kyle Watson

# Aaron Wilkinson

We already know the editing is dodgy but from the preview looks like there is going to be plenty of fireworks in the house since Josh is a grade A douchebag who's going to big a grade A douchebag team. I hope Cody gets picked by GSP.

good episode yesterday, bruce leroy is pretty good. Awesome triangle, saw it coming from a mile away though and notice how what's his face said he wouldn't tap (Y) Tapped pretty quick there...

Notice that Koshcheck picked both Armenians. It really is Team Douchebags agains Team Fighters. GSP got all of the great fighting guys.

What the heck Michael Johnson ?

For a supposedly good wrestler, he couldn't do anything at all from his back or defend the takedowns. Altough he won, for me he didn't justify his place as #1 pick. The other guy was just gassed as hell. His technique was crappy too. He didn't even put the hooks in, both times he got the back position.

I felt the same Bun-Bun. The whole match I was thinking "really....? He was the number one pick? The guy GSP tricked Koscheck over?"

Another boring fight. It started well with them banging but then Andy Main just jumps on the Kyle's back... and stays there like a monkey. Not even in a body triangle, just hanging there. Submission win not very surprising, Andy's BJJ was miles away from Kyle's.

Next episode, GSP brings a good trainer to teach his team. Kos brings King of the Lay and Pray Jon Fitch to train his... I can't hardly wait :rolleyes:

Leeroy is really starting to irritate me...That guy he almost got into a scrap with is irritating as well.

I'm wondering if Kyle and GSP got to talking about his Hughes' fights and what they think of each other haha.

I know someone from GSP's team is bound to lose sooner or later, but since most of them are alright it seems, I hope it's Leeroy who gets humbled and eventually the boot. This is the first time I've watched TUF despite being a UFC fan for years. How does the format work? When do people start getting cut and sent home?

Leeroy is really starting to irritate me...That guy he almost got into a scrap with is irritating as well.

I'm wondering if Kyle and GSP got to talking about his Hughes' fights and what they think of each other haha.

I know someone from GSP's team is bound to lose sooner or later, but since most of them are alright it seems, I hope it's Leeroy who gets humbled and eventually the boot. This is the first time I've watched TUF despite being a UFC fan for years. How does the format work? When do people start getting cut and sent home?

The format was changed in the 10th season. 14 fights, 7 advance and then there is a wildcard spot. Now they stay in the house for the competition so there is more "drama". Mind you, most of the drama is made by tricky editing. Leeroy is just playing mind games with them as he should. Sevak is a walking stereotype of the psycho armenian. Don't be so sure that Team GSP will lose. Team Rashad but on a 7-1 sweep of Team Rampage because of Rampage's equaly bad training. If Kos only motivation to win is that he does not like to lose, this season may end up in a 7-0 sweep for GSP and Kos only gets one guy into the quarter-finals because both the wildcards are from his side. Every season has a heel. Last one was Yager, before that was Matt Mitrione. While Yager sucked, Mitrione has gone on to be 3-0 in the UFC despite looking like an awful fighter during the season. Take what you see with a grain of salt.

JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY! Terrible fight, terrible fighters.

Nam Phan, like I said, pretty weak. Gets Spencer down, dominating position and can't pound him out or even do significant damage of any kind. Gets a Kimura but isn't able to finish it.

Spencer Paige fought pretty badly also. Throwing wild kicks and falling down. Just getting beat up.

Nam won't go far in the competition. Doesn't have the skill or the power to do it. Only won because Spencer fought even worse than him.

Yeh pretty weak fight, Spencer fell over so many times trying kicks.. Nam was ok, neither fighter impressed that much, next weeks episode looks good, gloating from Team Koscheck!

Is it just me or cant everyone else wait for GSP to just blow his lid on Koscheck? Id love to see that, i bet he is ****ing mental when he kicks off.

Yeh pretty weak fight, Spencer fell over so many times trying kicks.. Nam was ok, neither fighter impressed that much, next weeks episode looks good, gloating from Team Koscheck!

Is it just me or cant everyone else wait for GSP to just blow his lid on Koscheck? Id love to see that, i bet he is ****ing mental when he kicks off.

I don't agree with "ok". He could not properly finish a Kimura that was pretty much a done deal. If Spencer hadn't broken his hand, he would have just stood in the pocket blocking shots with his face. How far could he go in a division as overflowing with skilled fighter as LW in the UFC?

He's also 16-7 so that's 23 fights. If didn't learn to finish a Kimura like that in that many fights, he cannot learn fast enough to be in the UFC or even the WEC.

Spencer Paige fought pretty badly also. Throwing wild kicks and falling down. Just getting beat up.

he broke his hand and shin in the first round, give the kid a break, he had the fight won in the first 2 minutes until his hand broke. He showed a lot of potential. The fact he fought in the second round that well is amazing.

he fell because his SHIN was broken, which ****s up all the support and you'll need to put on the leg that's broken to hold you up, him falling makes sense...

he broke his hand and shin in the first round, give the kid a break, he had the fight won in the first 2 minutes until his hand broke. He showed a lot of potential. The fact he fought in the second round that well is amazing.

he fell because his SHIN was broken, which ****s up all the support and you'll need to put on the leg that's broken to hold you up, him falling makes sense...

I understand that but if his shin was broken WHY throw kicks? If they hit Nam's elbow again, he could cripple his other leg and be out of comission for the possible wildcard. He should have played to Nam's weaknesses and tried something else but looks like he doesn't have any ground game so he just stood there and took a beating.

I understand that but if his shin was broken WHY throw kicks? If they hit Nam's elbow again, he could cripple his other leg and be out of comission for the possible wildcard. He should have played to Nam's weaknesses and tried something else but looks like he doesn't have any ground game so he just stood there and took a beating.

**** given the kid credit for his heart eh?

Credit not valid for an UFC contract when this is over and that's not going to be good for him in the long run :pinch:

The heart thing has a tendency to work with guys who power trough the injury and win like "Struve has heart" "Franklin has heart".

Definitely one of the best TUF episodes, although I kind of wish they'd taunt Koscheck more they could easily make him blow up if they banged on the walls every time one of his fighters lost.

Team Koscheck was OWNED.

Like I said, Cody McKenzie is in it to win it. He just did what he does best and cut trough Marc Stevens like butter.

Jonathan Brookins impressed me. He finished Sevak without an hitch. That moment with the feint was laught out loud. For all his agressive personality, Sevak lacked the skills to defend himself properly. This is probably going to be 6-1 to GSP.

Just looked up his record, he lasted until the 3rd round with José Aldo in WEC 36. This kid may very well have the skills to win this after all.

Wow, I was shocked when Mckenzie pulled off the win like that. Then I looked at his stats and wasn't surprised one bit. LOL at Stevens coach asking him if he'll be able to defend a guillotine, and Stevens saying "yep no problem".

Both fights were excellent. Koscheck genuinely looked horrified. I still think that Mckenzie is being a little too cocky with Koscheck though.

Wow, I was shocked when Mckenzie pulled off the win like that. Then I looked at his stats and wasn't surprised one bit. LOL at Stevens coach asking him if he'll be able to defend a guillotine, and Stevens saying "yep no problem".

Both fights were excellent. Koscheck genuinely looked horrified. I still think that Mckenzie is being a little too cocky with Koscheck though.

nah, he's just throwing koscheck's BS right back at him, and i hope cody wins it, brookers has talent too, love his attitude as well.