[UK] Who Do You Bank With?

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Hold Your Main Account With?

• HSBC
    • Lloyds TSB
    • Barclays
    • Natwest
    • Halifax
    • Nationwide
    • Abby National / Santander
    • Co-op / RBS / Northern Rock
    • A Supermarket Bank
    • Other High Street Bank
    • An Online Only Bank
    • A Building Society

Natwest and RBS will soon be Santender,

I am currently like RBS but I am sick and tired of all the changes they're making, so I'm going to switch to The Co-operative. The ideal bank for the average UK consumer if you ask me.

Gotta admit tho this poll is a little weird. You're bunching up RBS with Co-op and Northern Rock when they have nothing in common.

Used to be Nationwide, but started using Halifax for the student account.

Still had the Nationwide active for the free use abroad, but now that's being scrapped (in Nov), I'm closing the account completely.

Why are the Co-Op, RBS and Northern Rock all one selection? They are completely unrelated. Also why are Abbey and Santander one selection but Lloyds and Halifax are seperate (and Natwest/RBS should be one selection too, Natwest has been owned by the RBS group for a lot longer than the likes of Abbey being owned by Santander etc)

You really need to rethink this poll.

Why are the Co-Op, RBS and Northern Rock all one selection? They are completely unrelated. Also why are Abbey and Santander one selection but Lloyds and Halifax are seperate (and Natwest/RBS should be one selection too, Natwest has been owned by the RBS group for a lot longer than the likes of Abbey being owned by Santander etc)

You really need to rethink this poll.

Actually, the poll is structured in such a way that it works alright and gave me the answers I was looking for.

Co-op, RBS and Northern are all together as these aren't very popular banks (compared with the big name banks). Before Northern Rock had their trouble and were all over the news, I (and I am sure many others) had never heard of them. I put the three together as I had imagined not many people would have main bank accounts with these particular banks.

Abby is Santander, so them being together is understandable.

The big banks of today are Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds TSB and Natwest - this can't really be argued ;)

If you don't like the poll options, don't vote :rofl: