Civ 5... here it comes!

I have not preordred it as my wife says i cannot purchase it untill after World of Warcraft: Cataclysm comes out and i have reached level 85 (the hew highest level)

Her reasoning behind this is because i purchased 2 collectors editions of the game (at $80 each) and she says i cannot spend any more on games until then :p

However, I have been playing a lot of IV lately and I cannot wait untill i can play V from what I understand there will be a Demo I can play until i am allowed to purchase it though :D

Also been playing a lot of Civ 4 lately. Damn, that's one addictive game (tho combat sorta sucks). I haven't prepurchased 5, but I'll get it as soon as there's a sale on Steam.

Pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition on steam and have it pre-loaded and ready to go hammered out a weeks and a half of homework in advance so that I can completely forget about the clock while playing. Watched the

video a few times and look froward to the new fighting strategy!

Does anyone know what time of day steam releases games?

Steam-locked? No, thank you.

One thing, I would like to see how people deal with a situation where Steam goes down and they lose all their games. It would be fun. :laugh:

Come on, bash me. :p

(still crying about GOG :( )

One thing, I would like to see how people deal with a situation where Steam goes down and they lose all their games. It would be fun. :laugh:

Then go out and buy it on disc... oh no wait, it uses Steamworks. So you lose either way.

Steam is the future, get with it or get left behind!

What I don't get is why is it the same price if I get the disc version or download it over Steam. Shouldn't one cost more/less?

that used to be a big question when it came to AAA titles on steam, but the general answer is, more money goes to to devs when you buy off steam, which menas more money for future games and free DLC.

obviously valve makes money off steam too, and so far they've done a great job of supporting the platform with that money. it's come a long way since it was alunched 6 years ago. servers and bandwidth don't pay for themselves.

Does anyone know what time of day steam releases games?

9 am central time zone, you can translate that to whatever other timezone your in, :D

I am locked and loaded and ready to play all day tomorrow!

Pre-ordered off Amazon a month or so ago. Yay release day shipping, makes me happy. I trust Steam, but would rather have a physical copy of some games, this being one of them.

9 am central time zone, you can translate that to whatever other timezone your in, :D

I am locked and loaded and ready to play all day tomorrow!

Thanks Viper, translation done thats my current timezone! 12 Hours!

One thing, I would like to see how people deal with a situation where Steam goes down and they lose all their games. It would be fun. laugh.gif

No issue with the games on my laptop without internet access. Perhaps you should stop trolling? smile.gif

I've been tossing up whether or not to get this... still undecided :/

Feel the same way, however... Steam the best on-line distribution atm with fair drm, unlike other companies.

Also sad to see Good Old Games (gog.com) shutting down.

Waiting for reviews, not been too impressed with latter Civ games since Civ II Multiplayer Gold & Alpha Centuari. Only thing that impressed me since then is Galatic Civilization II.

Crossing fingers at Civ 5.

Waiting for reviews, not been too impressed with latter Civ games since Civ II Multiplayer Gold & Alpha Centuari. Only thing that impressed me since then is Galatic Civilization II.

Crossing fingers at Civ 5.

Review:

Lookin good :) Watch in HD ;)

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamereview.php?id=12779

http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=now_playing_civilization_v20100917

Metacritic also gave it a 95 so far.

Must hold on....

Saved ?5 by ordering from Amazon vs Steam. Was it worth it? As long as I can avoid everyone talking about how great it is and how much fun they are having until my copy arrives. Yes. Otherwise. Damn you Amazon [shakes fist in the air] that saving of two pints looked so attractive at the time.

Must hold on....

Saved ?5 by ordering from Amazon vs Steam. Was it worth it? As long as I can avoid everyone talking about how great it is and how much fun they are having until my copy arrives. Yes. Otherwise. Damn you Amazon [shakes fist in the air] that saving of two pints looked so attractive at the time.

Heh, i feel the same way. And i doubt Amazon will deliver until next week. Oh well, i'm busy this weekend anyway so i couldn't have played it even if i wanted to.