170 members have voted

1. 1. Do you live

• With parents
    • In your own place with or without "the other half"
    • With friends
    • In the park
    • Other
  2. 2. Do you

I kinda meant "On your own" to mean basically not with parents but independently

But i`ll add spouse :)

Add it in what option? Seems useless.

But better make it "the other half", for those who are not married.

Add it in what option? Seems useless.

But better make it "the other half", for those who are not married.

Ok done!, no more changes lol

I could add with dog, with cat, with chicken... with white door with green door... lol

Co-habitating with the Ex and kids

Gonna be moving out in the near future

That's tough, was living together with my ex for 3 months so know what it feels like..

Best of luck man

All those people who voted "Other" for the 2nd question

What other option is there ?

You either own your home, rent it, or Dos ... ie. on a mates sofa / not pay for it

What other option is there?

If its at home with parents, then they either own or rent the house...

I picked other, as I stated, I neither rent nor own this house. It is given to me by the company I work for. They pay all expensive, and I just pay for my luxes :) As long as I work and manage this place, I get to live in this awesome free house lol.

• 2 weeks later...

i currently live with my mom for rent i can afford. it sucks donkey balls but i don't have any choice right now and i'm lucky i have a mom that's willing to support me this way.

for several years i pitched in on rent with friends, all of which were a family. the house was a little run down but overall decent and most of us didn't get on each other's nerves despite living and working together. then we all split up for different reasons in to different aprtments, with me and my best friend and his little brother getting an aprtment.

but his little brother couldn't stay out of rooms and his sticky hands to himself and it was stressing me out besides bleeding my extremely limited funds at the time, so i had to move in with my mom.

all of them are back together in one house except the little brother(who can't keep himself out of trouble with the law so he's not welcome there, as well as other reasons) for cheap rent, with a room open which i am welcome to should i decide i'm able to move back there. even though i'm on disability i am so tempted to do it anyway and work anyway, but i've been holding back because of the limited jobs in their city.

I rent a medium size house on a gorgeous 4 acre lot with a creek running through it and trees on both sides separating us from the neighbors. I'm really going to be heart broken when we eventually leave this place. I live with my girlfriend of over 4 years and her brother (who's the basement troll)

Own / Rent / Dos ?

Own and Rent are self-explanatory but Dos? I gather it is some sort of freebie thing but is it a word or an acronym?

Urban dictionary didn't seem to help.

From your link "South African slang for 'sleep', derived from Afrikaans.

Sweet i'm tired, gonna go dos"

You dos on a friends sofa, in other words you're sleeping on their sofa rent free as you've nowhere else to go.