Euro

52 members have voted

1. 1. Euro

• Yes, I want it.
    • No, I don't want the Euro.

funny how the majority of ppl to post dont even live in europe!!

I do, and personally would burn rather burn in the depths of hell than have the british economy squared off so it can be equal with those (cant say which ones cos ppl here are from all over the place) of europe. The british pound is strong and there really should be a referendum b4 we enter into it. I cant really see it getting in, phew there r too many ppl here stuck in there ways, the young dont wanna see the pound go and those who work in any job involved in money dont want it i know all of my friends at work dont, but then stockbrokers wouldnt!.

What about the US dollar id rather go to that!

AL

Hey im not in eurpope but I think its great what youve been able to accomplish with the European Union. Youve now reached the highest attainable economic union of any the world has seen, and the largest and only notable monetary union currently in the world.

On a side note, let me just say I hate coins, will be a great day when we have eliminated coinage, notes or smartcards all the way :D

Originally posted by Shalayer

funny how the majority of ppl to post dont even live in europe!!

I do, and personally would burn rather burn in the depths of hell than have the british economy squared off so it can be equal with those (cant say which ones cos ppl here are from all over the place) of europe. The british pound is strong and there really should be a referendum b4 we enter into it. I cant really see it getting in, phew there r too many ppl here stuck in there ways, the young dont wanna see the pound go and those who work in any job involved in money dont want it i know all of my friends at work dont, but then stockbrokers wouldnt!.

What about the US dollar id rather go to that!

AL

we will see.... when tourists couldnt be arsed goin to Britain becos they'd have to change their money....

althou it does annoy me that we dont have anything Irish on our notes - but the coins still have a harp on them :)

Majority of tourism doesnt come from Europe its from the US ne way so thats not gonna matter, and ive never known anyone not go on holiday becos of changing currency.

Think of all those jobs lost in Burea de Change :D

Yeah i can see its advantage but all of our rates across europe judged by one central parliament so we r continually dragged down by all those poorly run nations just doesnt seem on! :)

Ne way i cant do nethin about it! haha just tick a box!

AL

gotta agree about coins!! the world would be a better place if things werent .99 i dont care if i save the 1!! i just dont want ne more shrapnel!!

Click here to see the pictures of the coins if u are wondering wha they will look like...the 2 Euro coin reminds me of the Canadian 2 Dollar coin...but bigger...i wouldnt be suprised if countries such as Australia, Canada, and the US are helping out in the production, but there are atleast a couple dozen government facilities throughout Europe used for the production of the ?uros

way to go Bank of Canada lol, will try to find a link for the new $5 bill as soon as it comes out, it takes quite a while to make a note that high tech (imbedded ink, florescent stuff and braille for the blind to recognize it) it seems