LittleBigPlanet 2 delayed until January 2011

Important news regarding the release date of LittleBigPlanet? 2

LittleBigPlanet 2 is a crazy dream, a dream to allow players to make whatever kind of game they want, but also to play though a great adventure of drama and excitement, power-ups, and cinematics. But like all of the most ambitious ideas, it can be a considerable challenge to turn these dreams in to fun games. We?ve all been working like powered-up space ninjas and we?re almost there, but because we love what we?ve made, and we love our little sack-friends, and most of all we love all our fans out there, we couldn?t let you all get together until we knew we were giving you the best experience imaginable. Which is why we?ve taken the hard decision to delay the worldwide release of LittleBigPlanet 2, originally stated for later this year to January 2011.

We know this will come as disappointing news for all you LittleBigPlanet fans, and believe us, we are disappointed too. We are a tight-knit team and we take enormous pride in our work, so to raise the bar we?ve set with the original LittleBigPlanet, a game that has been so embraced by all, we?ve agreed to allow ourselves a bit more time to deliver the experience that our great fans and community deserve. We are truly sorry, but hope you understand that we have to build the best possible game, as it is the foundation of our community.

On the upside, we are going to find a way to give more of you a taste of LBP2 prior to launch, so stay tuned.

Thanks for your continued love and support, it won?t be long ? we promise.

Lots of love from all at Mm

Source: littlebigplanet.com via Kotaku

This was one of Sony's 2010 blockbusters. I assume the delay is to avoid the other bigger releases this year, considering nothing is really slated for January. January is probably a good choice actually. Then again, it will miss the holiday sales :(

GT5 and LBP2 in the same month was suicide, GT5 will wipe everything off the map.

Only a few months, and I'm in the beta anyway ;)

:o :( :cry: ..

Ah well. It means my wallet won't be bleeding as much as I thought it would this November, which is a good thing.

Maybe I can ask for a little bit of money for my CE for my birthday.. (which is in January).

Still sucks because I'm really, really looking forward to it and I didn't get into the beta.

LBP is about the only thing I really play on my PS3.

GT5 and LBP2 in the same month was suicide, GT5 will wipe everything off the map.

Only a few months, and I'm in the beta anyway ;)

I agree. Not a good idea to release those two in the same month.

except for call of duty which will do that exact thing to everyone else.

my wallet thanks this news...

I get the feeling that Black Ops is going to crush all.

on the PS3...

GT5 will destroy COD PS3.

I'm cool with that. I probably won't be getting around to getting a PS3 till my tax return anyway, and I still have to play the first one :D

Look up PS3 MW/MW2 sales, then look up GT1-4 sales.

so... i still bet you it doesn't. Maybe overall over a long period of time GT will win, i definitely don't doubt that., but the first couple of weeks, first month even, i bet black ops comes out on top. Sony can try all they want but they aren't going to be able to match the hype machine that is Call of Duty.

so... i still bet you it doesn't. Maybe overall over a long period of time GT will win, i definitely don't doubt that., but the first couple of weeks, first month even, i bet black ops comes out on top. Sony can try all they want but they aren't going to be able to match the hype machine that is Call of Duty.

That's fine but overall sales are what counts, and GT5 will remain relevant for longer than Black Ops, they'll be a new COD next year rofl.gif

PS3 connectivity forced LBP2 delay

Media Molecule delayed LittleBigPlanet 2 because a minority of PS3 owners fail to connect to the internet, the developer has said.

Those disconnected people prevented the developer from patch-fixing the game. Instead, Media Molecule must ship a ship-shape ship.

"We respect people don't have online and don't want to patch their game to get the full experience," MM boss Alex Evans told VG247 at the Eurogamer Expo 2010. "We could have shipped it and it would have been fine. However, we realised that with just a couple of extra weeks we could make the game super amazing, adding the super onto the already amazing which exists today.

"This is something that will live forever and the delay, people will forget about."

"I'm really sorry the delay frustrated people," he added, "even us - I mean I really wanted to get this game out for Christmas so hard. We pushed ourselves but realised with just a few more weeks we could make it perfect."

Those who cannot connect to the internet while playing will miss out on the community-shared content, patches, updates and add-on gubbins, of course - plenty of which will be thrown at LittleBigPlanet 2.

Not to mention PlayStation Move support, which Media Molecule has said will be patched in after the game's new January release date. A demo of how the new controls will work will be included with LittleBigPlanet 2.

In the immediate aftermath of the delay, Media Molecule praised fans' reactions for being "very understanding". After all, the delay will mean a more polished, complete package.

More proof that developers in general are shipping buggy games, and fixing later. Intentionally. I am glad they did this and more need to follow suit.