LittleBigPlanet 2 delayed until January 2011

:no:

Does not bode well for the final game. I bet they still cut corners and do as much as necessary just to ship.

Wait what?

They're polishing it up and you're saying they're still going to cut corners? :wacko:

Munky man, you need to get some optimism in your system...

Wait what?

They're polishing it up and you're saying they're still going to cut corners? :wacko:

Ignore DM, he's just real grumpy and hates cute things like LBP and Sack Boy, not enough butch men in big ass suits. :p

More proof that developers in general are shipping buggy games, and fixing later. Intentionally. I am glad they did this and more need to follow suit.

And in a lot of cases, the developers don't even fix the games (case in point: Bad Company 2). They fix some problems while creating new ones, and then eventually abandon ship, all the while promising that things will somehow be different next time. I remember how this was a huge problem back in the PC's golden age, and sadly this trend has found its way into the console world.

On topic though, LittleBigPlanet has always been primarily a split-screen game for me and my group, and we have more than enough to keep us occupied on that front (Modnation, Blur, Halo Reach). The delay is fine by me, so long as the extra time is actually put to good use.

Wait what?

Yeah because LBP1 was a shining example of a bug-free game, oh wait!

Seems like MM are in the habit of shipping something that barely works and patches later. I mean, I'm glad they've been stopped this time, but it's obviously not going to be 100% out of the box no matter what.

@Corris, fu :p I have Sackboy sitting on my monitor :heart:

SB.jpg

LBP1 failed to capture me when I got the game because it was so damn buggy, couldn't even do online without it lagging badly!

Glad they've been told not to rely on a patch and fix it as much as they can before release.

Yeah because LBP1 was a shining example of a bug-free game, oh wait!

Seems like MM are in the habit of shipping something that barely works and patches later. I mean, I'm glad they've been stopped this time, but it's obviously not going to be 100% out of the box no matter what.

@Corris, fu :p I have Sackboy sitting on my monitor :heart:

SB.jpg

Why is there a gun barrel pointed at his head? :p

The first game was way too buggy, even now after a lot of patches. I sure hope the 2nd one is a much better product.