Light Heavyweight bout: Cyrille Diabaté vs. Alexander Gustafsson[1]

Heavyweight bout: Rob Broughton vs. Vinicius Queiroz[1]

Light Heavyweight bout: Steve Cantwell vs. Stanislav Nedkov[1]

Lightweight bout: Paul Sass vs. Mark Holst[1]

Lightweight bout: Spencer Fisher vs. Kurt Warburton[1]

Light Heavyweight bout: James McSweeney vs. Tom Blackledge[1]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EZ5WuwSCB8&hd=1

Brillitant Promo and 40 seconds is quality :shifty:

Thats a horrible card. No real draw to it honestly. The Hardy Condit fight is the only thing remotely nice on it.

totally agree, this could be worse then UFC 119 :pinch:

totally agree, this could be worse then UFC 119 :pinch:

I dont see how it cant be. Akiyama was handled well by a last minute Leben, and Bisping is a 2 bit hack.

Hey, as long as we don't have an Anderson Silva/Damian Maia type fight or a Matt Hughes/Renzo Gracie type fight it can't be the worst of the year.

Personally I think it should be a good card theirs no big names but the fights should be good Bisping vs Akiyama should be a slug fest, Kongo vs Browne is a guaranteed knockout, and John Hathaway vs Mike Pyle + Dan Hardy vs Carlos Condit should be good all around fights 2 Boxers with good submission escape against 2 BJJ black belts. Bisping, John Hathway, Dan Hardy, Kongo to win :shiftyninja:

Pretty solid fight line up, Akiyama is dominating on the ground but tends to like to beat his oppenent at their own game.. Dan Hardy always puts on a good show, Kongo still needs to up his game though!

Is it just a coincidence that most people who say this will be a good card come from the UK and most saying otherwise are from other places?? Anyway, I'm looking forward to this myself. Hopefully it will be on at a reasonable time for us brits for a change.

On paper the fight card looks awesome, but as we all know it doesnt play out that way. Fingers crossed! Coincidently, did anyone catch WEC51 last week? Now THEY are fights!

Just saw now that McSweeney has dropped to LHW. If he loses or has a lackluster win he will probably be cut from the UFC. No place in LHW for a fighter with a 4-5 record. I don't know what happened to him. Before MMA he was a mean striker with a 136-9. Post-MMA he can't seem to be able to throw a good punch or kick to save his career.

Results!

MAIN CARD

* Michael Bisping def. Yoshihiro Akiyama via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

* Carlos Condit def. Dan Hardy via KO (punch) - Round 1, 4:27

* Mike Pyle def. John Hathaway via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

* Travis Browne vs. Cheick Kongo declared a draw (28-28, 28-28, 28-28)

* Claude Patrick def. James Wilks via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Alexander Gustafsson def. Cyrille Diabate via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 2, 2:41

* Rob Broughton def. Vinicius Quieroz via submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 3, 1:43

* Paul Sass def. Mark Holst via submission (triangle choke) - Round 1, 4:45

* Spencer Fisher def. Kurt Warburton via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

* Fabio Maldonado def. James McSweeney via TKO (punches) - Round 3, 0:48

Great card. It had some really good fights.

Who is this Sass? He just wants to get on his back and mess some people up. Don't know how he'll do against serious competition, but that was some patience.

And Hardy. I think he was starting to get the better of Condit but...BANG...that was a clean shot. He may have been able to get himself together, but the next two shots were heavy. Lights out.

Bisping is the real mystery. He has some really quick hands, but he doesn't seem to carry them well. He gets in and out quickly. But he leaves himself open for the heavy hitters. I like him. I just always think he's gonna get knocked out.

Nice fights.

Yeah it wasn't a bad card overall. I thought Kongo was lucky to get the draw, I thought for sure he would had lost, especially after having a point deducted.

Hardy must have the mother of all headaches this morning, ouch.

Bisping needs to stop circling to his left if he doesn't want to get knocked out again. Like t_r_nelson said, I like him, but I always think he's gonna get knocked out.

* Michael Bisping def. Yoshihiro Akiyama via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) - It was like Cro Cop vs Pat Barry all over again. Too friendly. Akiyama just stood there and got pounded on on the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Does Bisping believe he has a chance against Anderson Silva? I don't see how.

* Carlos Condit def. Dan Hardy via KO (punch) - Round 1, 4:27 - Best fight on the card. Hardy was KTFO.

* Mike Pyle def. John Hathaway via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) - Pyle just dominated the fight. Props to Hathaway for surviving that triangle in the second round but he was no match for Pyle.

* Travis Browne vs. Cheick Kongo declared a draw (28-28, 28-28, 28-28) - Boring fight. After the 1st round, everything revolved around pushing each other on the fence. The draw ends up being deserved.

* Claude Patrick def. James Wilks via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27) - A lay-and-pray fest. Wilks couldn't mount a standing ofense so he kept getting taken down. Not a good fight to start a PPV with.

Pretty disappointing if you ask me, not an exciting first fight. Patrick is talented, but seems like a one trick pony, he said before the fight he wanted to finish the fight with a KO, yeah right.

Kongo is very frustrating, his last fight he was awesome, totally dominated Buentello, it seemed as though he had that fight right before this one he looked gassed in the 2nd round.. He has had some nice victories over Hardonk an Al Turk, every now and then he has a lack lustre performance like this, he shouldve lost for grabbing the shorts so much anyway! Good performance by Browne though, he just kept coming even after 3500 knees to the inner thigh..

Pyle was dominating, Hathaway did an extremely good job defending that triangle i thought that was it, he took a load of shots and didnt really recover after that, entertaining fight.

Fight of the Night clearly goes to Hardy/Condit.. Awesome fight, they both wanted it and Hardy was winning slightly before that punch, hell of a clean shot an almost a double KO, they punched eachother exactly the same time.. Big win for Condit, i wouldnt expect this loss to put off Hardy much at all..

Another main even hyped for months only to be let down, they did respect eachother but a little too much, like Bun said it was like Crop Cop/Pat Barry, you arent friends this is a sport, beat the **** out eachother.. Akiyama is well known for havin a strong chin, an he showcased against Leben, i dont think Bisping has the KO power to knock out someone who looks twice the size of him, Akiyama is just a ball of muscle he is a very hard fighter to beat, but two losses in a row is not going to be good for him.

Next weeks card is awesome, looking forward to it!

Akiyama won't get cut. The UFC wants to break into the Asian market and cutting one of their biggest asian fighters would be a shot in the foot. Kongo on the other hand... maybe he will get another shot at redeeming himself but if he puts on another bad performance he will be cut for sure. Even if he had won the fight, he would be in the same spot regarding performance as Mir after the Cro Cop KO.

Yeh, in a state of limbo.. I just cant put my finger on it with Kongo, he's so up and down when it comes to fights you never know what will happen..

They definately wont cut Akiyama, regardless that he lost both fights, i still think he put on a good performance and showed a lot of skills, considering he's mainly a ground guy and he stood 3 rounds with Leben & Bisping and didnt get finished by either, shows just how hard he is to actually finish.. Not a clear cut victory by Bisping by a long shot, since his drop to Middleweight his first fight against Charles McCarthy (not a very hard opponent) he's showed signs of getting better, he got knocked out BIG TIME then by Henderson, had a pretty decent win over Kang and then seemed to step off the gas a bit and lost a decision to Wanderlei.. MORE KNEES PLEASE! He just needs to mix it up a bit..