The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

I don't think you need to use Cat potions for that, use your witcher amulet (no clue what the button is), and blood trails will light up orange (just like items you can interact with)....I hate those type of quests though, gotta keep hitting the button every few feet because it has such a short range.

I don't think you need to use Cat potions for that, use your witcher amulet (no clue what the button is), and blood trails will light up orange (just like items you can interact with)....I hate those type of quests though, gotta keep hitting the button every few feet because it has such a short range.

yeah i ended up doing that, i am using a 360 controller to play the game so it was the left thumbstick down to activate the witcher amulet.

awesome game btw. great great PC game with gorgeous visuals, CDProject did a wicked job with this game. Even supports a PS3 controller which isn't even officially supported by sony on PC lol

I have a quick question for you guys...are you on your own to do things like Morrowind?, or are you forced to have a group with you like in Dragon Age? I hate having to micro manage 4 others, if I wanted a group to tag along with i'd play an mmo..lol

I have a quick question for you guys...are you on your own to do things like Morrowind?, or are you forced to have a group with you like in Dragon Age? I hate having to micro manage 4 others, if I wanted a group to tag along with i'd play an mmo..lol

i have never played morrowind, but you don't micro manage anyone else other then yourself (geralt)

Finished it last night. Got a really good ending.

Unfortunately the third act was extremely underwhelming. Still the RPG for a long time though.

My only other complaint is the dificulty, it's completely off. I played on hard and never, EVER had trouble with any fight I literally brezzed through the whole game like it was nothing apart from the bosses when I had to drop down to medium to beat them. If i'm playing a game on hard i'd expect every encounter to gbe a challange. Not only the bosses.

Finished it last night. Got a really good ending.

Unfortunately the third act was extremely underwhelming. Still the RPG for a long time though.

I am in agreement on these points. I just finished it as well. Considering how long Acts I & II were, I was expecting III to be as long.

• 1 month later...
The Witcher 2 approaching a million sales

thewitcheraok11_530x330.jpg

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is close to selling a million copies, a representative for developer CD Projekt Red confirmed to Joystiq earlier today. The Warsaw Business Journal reported that the studio had sold 940,000 copies of the gorgeous monster hunter RPG in the first half of 2011, following its launch on May 17.

The Witcher 2 version 2.0 update for PC should arrive on September 29, alleviating the game's punishing opening and making other tweaks that should open up Geralt's excellent adventure to more players. The Xbox 360 version, which will ship with the V2.0 content, is still planned for Q1 2012.

Source: Joystiq

Via: Gamasutra

Good to hear!

Indeed. CD Projekt deserves it for releasing such an awesome game. They've shown more love and dedication to PC gaming fans than most developers out there.

• 3 weeks later...
CD Projekt to livestream The Witcher 2 version 2.0 announcements, gameplay

The CD Projekt 2011 Fall Conference starts today in Warsaw, and the firm will not only be discussing The Witcher 2 version 2.0, but they will be showing new gameplay footage from it via livestream.

geralt-dark-mode.jpg

The developers will present new features, and the new gameplay shown will consist of the new Tutorial system, the new difficulty ?Dark Mode?, and the arcade stylings of the Arena Mode ? which will also introduce a new opponent from the game.

In addition to PC version 2.0, developers will show gameplay from the Xbox 360 version and reveal one of the new features specific to the console.

The livestream starts at 4:15pm GMT (6:15pm CEST/12:15pm EST, 9:15am PST) through here or The Witcher Facebook page.

To give you a taste of 2.0, the firm sent along the screenshots below.

[see source for screenshots]

Source: VG247

I moved the thread to the Gamers' Hangout forum since it's no longer a PC exclusive.

Witcher 2 was awesome until around 3/4ths of the way through (on both main paths) then it became crap and abruptly ended. :| Still worth multiple play-throughs.

So I've been playing this lately and it feels kinda bland. Just part way through act 2 now and I think I've spent more time talking to npcs than actually fighting monsters. Does it get better?

That really is great they have sold close to a million copies. I was 1 of those million, and I have yet to even play the game, and not sure I ever will honestly, as RPG's are really just not my thing. Some may say then why the hell did I purchase the game, but it is very simple. At the time I had some extra money, and I had decided to support a developer who was showing such commitment and dedication to the PC gaming community. It really was as simple as that. I really felt the deserved the support back. Who knows, maybe one day I will actually get around to playing it, there is bound to be a dry spell of games early next year, but even if I never do, I am completely satisfied with my purchase, and I can only hope it will help show other game developers than can focus on a PC only game, even if it is just initially (meaning released on PC). That and I cannot lie, I am half Polish, my Great Grandmother moved to America from Poland, so I did also support them because let's face it, there are not all that many Polish gaming development companies.

I am like 30 percent through this game (haven't touched it in a while). will the 2.0 updates and additions be automatically added to the game or do i need to start a new game to get all the changes?

That really is great they have sold close to a million copies. I was 1 of those million, and I have yet to even play the game, and not sure I ever will honestly, as RPG's are really just not my thing. Some may say then why the hell did I purchase the game, but it is very simple. At the time I had some extra money, and I had decided to support a developer who was showing such commitment and dedication to the PC gaming community. It really was as simple as that. I really felt the deserved the support back. Who knows, maybe one day I will actually get around to playing it, there is bound to be a dry spell of games early next year, but even if I never do, I am completely satisfied with my purchase, and I can only hope it will help show other game developers than can focus on a PC only game, even if it is just initially (meaning released on PC). That and I cannot lie, I am half Polish, my Great Grandmother moved to America from Poland, so I did also support them because let's face it, there are not all that many Polish gaming development companies.

(Y)

It's developers like CD Projekt that deserve this kind of support. They've shown that they're capable of delivering an awesome PC game with features that almost every PC game should have in 2011.

I wanted to, but I can't even get the patch to install. Fiddled with it for about 5 hours last night and couldn't get it to install so I gave up on it. At least until the BF3 beta is over. I'm not the only one that had issues installing the patch, kind of dissapointing.

I've also read that dark mode really isn't all that difficult because of other changes they made in the patch. Particularly the change that makes it so Geralts attacks don't get interupted when he's hit.

I wanted to, but I can't even get the patch to install. Fiddled with it for about 5 hours last night and couldn't get it to install so I gave up on it. At least until the BF3 beta is over. I'm not the only one that had issues installing the patch, kind of dissapointing.

I've also read that dark mode really isn't all that difficult because of other changes they made in the patch. Particularly the change that makes it so Geralts attacks don't get interupted when he's hit.

That's unfortunate. You should ask for help on The Witcher 2 tech support forum.

• 2 months later...